Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Were You Naughty or Nice?

So, how are every one's holidays so far? Hope they've been fun filled, and that Santa brought you lots of goodies. Because see this? He obviously had one too many after the presents were delivered, and ended up passed out on a neighbor's front lawn. (I had a boyfriend in college who passed out under a bush in a rainstorm for a night, but that's a story for another day.)

Tom and I spotted Santa yesterday afternoon. Our presents were opened, it was a crisp, bright day, so we jumped in the Mustang and took a drive up into Angeles National Forest.

We stopped and had a light picnic lunch, returned home and plopped on the couch for Lakers basketball and knitting.

We finished the day off with a scrumptious prime rib dinner (Tom's favorite and our Christmas traditional dinner). Lovely.

As for gifties, Santa did bring me with a copy of Boho Baby Knits, which I've been coveting since it came out this fall. It's full of adorable patterns!

He also brought these great colorways from Tempted Yarns: Left to right we have Fishnets, Roxanne, and Bordello.

Under them you can see our Christmas tree skirt. When I learned to crochet eight? nine? years ago, it was the first project I completed after twelve billion dishcloths for practice. Made out of unknown brand ack!rylic, we use it every year. It's a humble connection to women's work through the centuries: the families we form, the food we serve, the homes we warm, the gifts we make and give selflessly to those we care about and love. Every time I take it out and lay it under the tree I rejoice in this connection, and the world shines a little brighter.

Merry, merry to all! And to all a kick ass crafty 2008!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderfully sounding Christmas you and Tom had.....good for you!

NICE score in the yarny goodness area. Loving that fishnet! I checked out the Tempted Yarn site and I think I need that Twilight roving.

Love the peak at the crochet tree skirt...how cool you get to use something you made under your tree.

mj said...

Love the yarn, love the tree skirt, love YOU! Merry christmas and happy new year to you and Tom. I miss you!

Curly Cable said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous christmas day, and wow I love your yarn pressies. The crochet tree skirt looks fab too.

Happy New Year to you and Tom, and the kitties of course xx

jillian said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! Great fibery prezzies!

Macoco said...

Your Christmas sounds like it was fabulous. Just the right balance of activity and relaxation. Happy New Year!

Liz K. said...

Just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Much love and xoxo
Liz

Anonymous said...

Oh my...maybe I shouldn't have put that rum in the egg nog that I left out for Santa...erm...bad idea? *snicker* Nice yarn scores from Santa and I would love to see the full tree skirt! Cool ass that you made your own. Happy Yule to you darlin' (sorry I'm late) and a kick ass crafty 2008 to you too! *HUGS and scritches!*

mehitabel said...

Looks like those yummy yarns will be a good kickoff to that kickass year of knitty activity! I am also looking forward to seeing out the old year with some sittin' and knittin' and kvetchin' with the gang!

kgirlknits said...

great colours (and names!) - should provide some yummy knitting in 2008!

Hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Years', and that 2008 brings all the good stuff your way ;)

RoxyK said...

Oh what a great day you had! Yarn, picnic, more food and sofa time ;)

Perfect. I just love those bright crisp winter days. Shame we don't seem to be having that many here. Have lots of rain though lol!