Saturday, June 21, 2008

Summer of Lace

Happy summer solstice! Today kicks off my knitting group's Summer of Lace KAL. A bunch of us will be lacing away until the fall equinox (9/23) on all sorts of things that begin with the letter S - scarves, shawls, sweaters. I, along with Mary and Silvia, will be knitting Hanami. This pattern piqued my interest from the get go, and now, finally, is its time to be made.

I'm using the recommended yarn: Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud in Peppermint Heather on size US 2s. The number of line repeats + these small needles = a project which shall probably take me ad infinitum to finish, but whatever. I'm groovin' on the fuzzy pink yarn, hiding inside with the a/c cranked while our week-long heat wave continues outside. It's a good thing the basketweave pattern is simple.

Stay cool, y'all!

10 comments:

mary said...

Happy Summer Solstice! I gotta start crankin' on Hanami so you don't get too far ahead of moi. Think we can not plan it and still finish the entire stole at the same time?

LotusKnits said...

Yay Hanami! It's going to be lovely in that pink. I was admiring some yarn at my LYS the other day that would be perfect for Hanami. Hmmm...

LINDA said...

Go Madge! It's looking pretty and I love the pink.

kgirlknits said...

ooh, that's going to be lovely! what a beautiful pink - reminds me of cherry blossom

Anonymous said...

You are my lace inspiration. I can't wait to see this done....love the yarn!

Keep it cool and happy Summer Solstice!

jillian said...

Oh that is gonna be a stunner!

Anonymous said...

Yay- have fun with the lace! And, go ahead, flaunt your AC, I don't mind... ;)

Annette said...

Isn't sheee, pretty in pink?! Okay, enough with my Psychedelic Furs imitation. Hanami is looking great!

Gina said...

so pretty

Nellie said...

Wow - that really is a cherry blossom pink! Cant wait to see how it turns out.