Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What I'm Doin'

1. Lusting after Kylie's new boots. Are they not wicked cool? Since I live in a place that gets maybe five raindrops a year, I'm also nefariously plotting to vacation from now on only in places where moisture is rampant so I can get a pair, too.

2. Shaving my legs. I realized it's been two weeks since I last did. Man, what am I, some kinda hippie or something? Next thing you know I'll be getting a Grateful Dead dancing bear tat on my ankle and following Phish around the country in a VW Microbus. (wait, are Phish even still around?)

3. Aaaand, quickly dissuading that image, my pastel infatuation is ending. A little pink and fuzzy goes a long way, boys and girls. Dare I say too long? Hanami is three charts and a ruffle away from being done; I can knit half a chart a day before narcolepsy occurs. Hopefully by the next time I drag my lazy ass into blog posting again it'll be off the needles and blocked. Or you can call me Rip Van Winklette.

4. I've picked my next lace project. I even have the cone of black Zephyr from my aborted Mystery Shawl 3 for it. It feels good to scuttle back to the dark side.

Photo courtesy of Emilee Mooney/the AntiCraft

5. Playing with my crock pot/slow cooker. Summer is kicking my ass in the hot department, and if I even look at the stove our little house heats up unbearably. Sometimes I'll shuck my shirt and cook en brassiere, but that freaks out Tom (the neighbors might see!), and the crock pot is a nice compromise. (And yeah, the dude needs to shed some of those pesky Protestant inhibitions, but then again, I'm a gal who isn't shaving her legs, so who you gonna listen to?) Thanks to Marie I'm reading this blog, and having varied success in the kitchen. Verdict so far is that big hunks of meat work well, as do soups. I'm on the lookout for good recipes, so if you have any faves, please email me!

* * *

On the turntable: Devil Takes His Turn by the Dusty 45s

10 comments:

Debi said...

Hot dogs and sauerkraut are great in the crock pot!

Missed you, LOVE the bat shawl! It's so you :)

jillian said...

Having the black bat shawl be your next project after pink and fuzzy, is like the pendulum of Madge swinging from one end all the way to the other :)

kgirlknits said...

i was hoping you'd like my boots!! way to go on the lack of leg-shaving, too, you big hippy! at least over here we have the excuse that it's winter and you can wear tights everywhere :)

bat shawl is uber:cool - love!

RoxyK said...

We have a ton of rain here if you're interested ;) Though today its really hot and sunny for once!

You mean not everyone cooks half naked or in the nude??? Oh.... perhaps its just me. You do have to be careful though with boiling water lol :)

Anonymous said...

From pastel pink fuzzy to black goth bats......LOVE IT!!! Can't wait to see your batty shawl.

I'm also drooling over those boots.....but alas we get like 1/2 of rain a year here.

I'm glad you chose to shave your legs instead of waxing......just sayin, I know from experience that's a BAD idea.

Crock pot cooking in the nude.........gotta try that!!

LadyLinoleum said...

I am so doing that bat shawl too! I'm with ya on the boots.

Anonymous said...

OMG, you crack me up! And, I'm totally with ya on the sumemrtime crock pot usage. I'm always looking for good recipes too. There is a group on Ravelry (shocker) for crock pot cooking, you might want to check out.

LotusKnits said...

I love the bat shawl!! And the Hanami is looking good, though I can appreciate you being tired of it.

cher said...

When are you starting the batshawl? Maybe we can start it together, I'm not much of a lace knitter and need all the motivation I can get.
I really dig this pattern and am going to order some yarn for it right now!

Anonymous said...

Hi Madge - thanks for commenting on my DPN holder :)

Ravelry is great for finding new people!

Kristin