Thursday, October 18, 2007

Meet the OOPs Gang

Debbi: Duke, let's go do some crimes.
Duke: Yeah. Let's go get sushi and not pay.
~Repo Man

My local knitting group is named the OOPs Knitters. We're a private group that grew out of a Stitch n Bitch group in the San Gabriel Valley area of Los Angeles, and we've been meeting together for two and a half years. I feel very lucky to be a part of this group, and you'll see why right now as I introduce you to some of them.

Our ringleader, Needles O'Banion



Ami G. Rumi AKA Bunny Killa

Yarn Terrorista (our newest, sadly blogless member)

And me, Missy "Steeks" McTweed

We're all modeling the Balaclava I whipped up as a lark for Single Skein September. (We're also armed and dangerous around cashmere, so be careful if you run into us in a dark alley and have some on your person.)

Pattern: Balaclava from Knit.1 Winter 2006/07 issue
Yarn: Cascade 220 in color 8555 - 1.25 skeins (easily 1 skein if you shorten the neck portion)
Needle: US 8 16" Addi Turbos; US 8 DPNs
Mods: None, though I may single crochet around the face opening to tighten things up a bit.
Rating: Having your friends model a woolly ski mask in 80 degree heat for you? Priceless.

Oh, and the blurry photos are intended to provide gritty verisimilitude. Really.

Watch your stash!

21 comments:

jillian said...

Ho-ly s**t.

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahaha!! Those pictures were great!

mary said...

Gritty verisimilitude... that's such gangsta talk! I love it all!

mehitabel said...

Perhaps we ought to see if Attack Cat would like to model the balaclava too. He has enough attitude for an entire gang!
I guess I have turned into the Krazy Kat Lady after all...

Debi said...

Hilarious post Madge! I gotta ask tho...what the heck are you gonna do with that thing in SoCal besides rob banks? :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my we do look dangerous...I love my gangsta name, Knit Devil!
Linda

Macoco said...

Looks like a fantastic group of ladies!

LotusKnits said...

HAHAHA! That is awesome. My college roommate used to do faux mugshots of everyone in our sorority, and you totally reminded me of that!

Also, love the bunneh killah. Rockin'.

Anonymous said...

COFFEE SQUIRTING OUT OF MY NOSE RIGHT NOW!!!! Too funny!!

I'm going to relocate my stash to an undisclosed location!!

Anonymous said...

Oooooh! I need one of those for when I break into Catwoman DPN's house and manhandle her stash!

Ellen Bloom said...

Ha! OK...your career as a mystery/comedy writer is in full swing!
The Guerrilla Grrrl Knitters are baaaaaaad!

P.S. Is that how you'll answer the door this year for the trick or treaters? Very scary! Note...must stick knitting needles through weave of baclava and add some drippy red yarn for bloody effects.

Liz K. said...

Hilarious! Especially your Wu-Tang names.

kgirlknits said...

oh, you knitsta gals make me laugh!

Fay Lynn said...

So when are you all going to start Tagging???

I am really afraid of "bunny Killer"

RoxyK said...

Too funny! What a lot of fun you must have ;)

cher said...

Duke: The lights are growing dim Otto. I know a life of crime has led me to this sorry fate, and yet, I blame society. Society made me what I am.
Otto: That's BS. You're a white suburban punk just like me.
Duke: Yeah, but it still hurts.
One of the best movies evah!!!

Romi said...

Heeheeheeheehee! Great! :)

Annette said...

You're too hilarious! I love the gangsta names...Missy "Steeks" McTweed....too funny.

Anonymous said...

Great post! Really great post.

Loved all the gangsta photos.

kat coyle said...

ahahaha! Looks like a fun group!

Octopus Knits said...

Awesome photoshoot! I really (really, really) enjoyed it.