Sunday, February 03, 2008

Goal Tending

Here we are, three days into February, and I've yet to 'fess up to how my January goals went for Stash Knit Down 2008 and Mission: Possible 2008. Without further ado...

Stash Knit Down 2008

January goals:
+ Buy no yarn - I folded like a cheap suit after 12 days.

A skein of Wollmeise in Frosch from the Loopy Ewe (yes, I succumbed to the hysteria).

Two gorgeous skeins of Bloodflowers in Aura and Nirvana from Melanie. It's a grey, rainy day today, and this colorway is difficult to catch in all its beauty, but here's a close up of the Aura that's nearer to the real color. The Nirvana is available in her etsy shop, so hurry, go get yourself some!

Also: I committed to a reup on my Loopy Ewe Sock Club subscription (though I haven't paid for it yet, so I'm not counting it). I bought more yarn for my stealth crochet project, too, as I ran short at the end. Oh, and I helped Wendy out with her sale, too. Hey, anything for a friend, right?
+ Don't whine about buying no yarn - I didn't whine a bit during the 12 days I actually controlled myself.
+ Cast on Lenore socks - My knitting group is knitting these for our second KAL of the year. It begins on 2/15, so I'm waiting to cast on then.
+ Finish knitting Cobblestone - Hahaha. This is a good one. It's frogged and waiting to be cast on again.
+ Stealth crochet project - DONE

February goals:
+ Keep knitting related purchases under $100. This includes yarn, patterns, needles, everything.
+ Finish Gothic Leaf Stole.
+ Cast on Cobblestone and knit 10" of the body.
+ Cast on and finish first Lenore sock.

Mission: Possible 2008

#7 - Crochet stealth project - DONE

I'm puttering along on a few others, too, but won't include them until they're 100% finito.

10 comments:

mary said...

Yay for hitting your goals! Congrats on finishing stealth crochet project. It's gorgeous and it's gonna be a big hit!

Carson said...

tee hee @ cheap suit.
You are the Raymond Chandler of knitting.

LotusKnits said...

I like your February goals and I think I'll work on something like that as well.

And darn you guys for making me cast on Lenore.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, that Aura is gorgeous. Now I have another etsy shop to stalk. :)

mehitabel said...

Well, your second version of Cobblestone will probably fit The Man better--if it's too big, it's easier to feed him up than try to make him lose weight if it's too small! As for the rest, well, just getting the Stealth Project done is a major victory!
Lenore awaits. All I have to do is figure out how to convert the pattern to mitts instead of socks!

Debi said...

Yummy yarn, I would have folded too :)

Curly Cable said...

Lovely yarn purchases, not surprising you gave in, I would have done to, but like I keep telling myself, they are worst vices to have then buying luxury yarn. It's shame you had to frog Cobblestone, but good luck with the new one, and the same goes for all your other February Goals, I'm looking forward to seeing your progress with Lenore :)

Anonymous said...

Ooooh! I LOVE the color of the Wollmeise. I can't wait to see what you knit with it!

RoxyK said...

I love how Feb's goal is too keep spending to under $100 compared to January's! More realistic isn't it he he ;0)

Romi said...

And who *wouldn't* fold, faced with all of that fiberlicious fabulosity?!