Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Tagged

Annette tagged her readers with a meme, and I'm playing along, too. Here are ten knit-related things you might not know about me:

1. I'm drawn to "classic" garment patterns, including those of Erika Knight, Kim Hargreaves, Debbie Bliss and Louisa Harding.
2. I own 76 balls of Jo Sharp Rare Comfort Kid Mohair. Isn't that insane?
3. I love Harris Tweed. Well, any kind of tweed, really, but Harris Tweed, with its history and scratchy durability, is beautiful.
4. I collect patterns of skulls (which most of you probably know) and food. I don't know why, but knitted food just cracks me up.
5. I prefer knitting with circular needles.
6. When I'm knitting lace, I usually have two lifelines. Just in case.
7. I love to swatch.
8. Je deteste le fil nouveaute.
9. I knit patterns from magazines and books in roughly the same proportion. The few stand-alone patterns I've purchased are predominantly for lace shawls.
10. I love the fairy tale aspect of knitting lace and felting. These items turn from ugly ducklings into beautiful objects by our creative acts. Magic.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Qu'est que c'est le fil nouveaute?

Annette said...

76 balls?! LOL Parlez-vous francais aussi? Et Marie et Melise? Moi aussi (un peu)!

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart, I wonder how many mohair balls are green, brown or black LOL Not insane owning so much mohair--- it is beautiful. Wow, not too many people love to swatch. It is for the best, though.