Tuesday, December 26, 2006

So, What Did Santa Leave You?

Hope everyone has had a wonderful holiday, and you're settling back into regular life with a rosy glow of contentment. Me, I'm just glad I survived the wackiest Christmas I've ever had. (Some kindly advice gleaned from this weekend: Never allow a childhood friend of your husband's - whom your husband hasn't really spent any time with in twenty years - who is going through a dreadful divorce, talks non-stop about himself, and 1) doesn't pay for anything or 2) bring one measly Christmas present to spend the holidays with you. It can really tax a person's holiday cheer.)

But, after the houseguest from hell left bright and early yesterday morning, and the strains of his truck stereo blaring the Eagles at ear splitting volume faded into the distance, Tom and I heaved a sigh of relief and settled down to our Christmas proper. We called family, prepared a righteous prime rib (Tom's favorite special meal), drank wassail (one of his family traditions that I enjoy, too), admired our presents, relaxed and watched a movie after dinner. Lovely.

Again, no knitting content, as I haven't had any time to pick up my needles this past week. But my head is chockablock full of ideas for the coming year. A good few involve my conquering the sock, and I have a feeling Lucy and I will be getting to know each other pretty well.

I'll also be knitting some cables, learning how to Fair Isle, and making one of these. Can't wait!

2 comments:

CatBookMom said...

Glad the fun could start before Christmas was over! We did a standing rib roast too; had the outer slices last night, covered with the flavors of the rub - thyme, rosemary, garlic. Very yummy!

Have fun with Lucy and the spiky red hat from Dominitrix (sp?). I am swatching for one of the sweaters in Cables Untangled for a future project for DH. Getting gauge will be tricky with a heavily-cabled fabric.

Anonymous said...

So glad your Houseguest from Hell has returned to his home port--and even gladder that you were able to salvage the holiday! Your new year projects sound like fun! I'm going to try to finish up a couple of things--Lady E I and II, and MOTW--and then I'll be ready for a big project!!