Friday, November 30, 2007

Busy

Hope all my US readers had a great Thanksgiving. Mine was crazy. Tom woke up on Thanksgiving morning with a bad virus, and spent the next five days in bed. Really sick, poor thing. He's back to work, working 12-15 hour days this week, and still isn't better. So, no holiday to speak of, even though I did serve a righteous turkey and fixins. Chalking it up to being that kind of year and moving on....

What else has been going on? Well, I've seen a l'il devil in his brand new hat.

Kille came to knitting group last week with Baby W. Isn't he adorable? The hat is even a tad big, so he'll be able to grow into it over the winter.

I've joined a couple of KALs. My KAL involvement was spotty at best this year, but I'm hopeful my brain and fingers will work better in 2008. One is the Stash Knit Down 2008 Ravelry group, which I've joined with Barbara. Next year I have to go on a strict yarn budget, and I'm hoping this group will keep me upbeat about knitting from stash.

The other is Melanie's Fearless Knitting KAL. I love the idea behind this one, and will either be learning Fair Isle and/or making a top down sweater. (Isn't it crazy I've never made a top down sweater?) So, if you're in the mood to add new techniques to your arsenal o' knitty knowledge, or conquer your fear of eeky steeks, I hope you'll join us on this one.

Also gotta give a shout out to La, who has designed a Firefly inspired blanket named Serenity. Cunning, ain't she?

And I've been doing the usual knitty things: I've obsessed about the new Raven line from Blue Moon, and am anxiously awaiting my order. I've swatched for Tom's Cobblestone and have somehow lost the swatches. (Huh? How do swatches just disappear?) I didn't even measure them before they went poof, so gotta start again. My holiday knitting is almost finished, and I'm anxious to get back to my second Campfire sock. Once it's done, Mary and I will be joining Carolyn in making our Socks That Rock Lenores. Can't wait for that gothic goodness to be on the needles.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That hat is adorable, and might just replace Jayne.

Also, you may want to keep an eye out for the following patterns to be released soon from Casa de La:

The Pilot Scarf
Miranda
Haven

ALL Firefly/Serenity inspired. Hell, when you're on a roll, well...you know.

Stay shiney!

BTW, you, me and a few of our closest knitting friends, together in the same location sometime soon. You game?

Anonymous said...

That hat is darling! I'm so sorry to hear about botched Thanksgiving, though it sounds like you had some great food :)

Debi said...

That hat and that baby are beyond adorable!

Um, what's Firefly? :O

I figured you'd have knit at least 2 Lenore's by now, Goth Girl!

Hmmm, knit from stash, what a novel idea :)

Octopus Knits said...

Poor Tom! I hope he gets better soon.

The little guy looks fierce in his devil hat, and the Fearless Knitting KAL sounds really neat!

mary said...

Is 2008 the year of the KAL? Go You! Lenores, here we come!

Anonymous said...

You did such a perfect job on that devil hat, it's the cutest thing I have ever seen!!

Sorry you had a "sickly" T-day, here's sending good mojo your way for Christmas.

I've gotta check out those KALs, I've been tempted to do some steeks.

Maybe your missing swatches are hiding out with all the missing socks in the world???? If you find them, send all those single anklet socks back my way, I have their partners.

You will LOVE Lenore and I can't wait to see what you ordered from BMF!!

LotusKnits said...

Ack, hope Tom is feeling better! That hat looks awesome. Can't wait to see your Lenores!

p.s. Yay for Firefly knits!

mehitabel said...

Ok, so I joined the Fearless KAL. I'm such a sheepie. But I need to get busy Knitting Down My Stash, so right now any incentive will do!
Glad to see Devil Baby in his hat!

RoxyK said...

Sorry to hear Tom was poorly, hope he's feeling a lot better now ;)

That hat is too cute! And so is the baby. Great pattern.

Gina said...

How cute! love the little hat. I hope you are feeling better now. Merry christmas.