Thursday, November 01, 2007

We Have a Winner

Actually, two. Since the Halloween mini-contest comments were so clever, I couldn't narrow it down to just those folks who told me their fave scary fairy tales. So I did the following: I put the name of everyone who commented in a bowl. Then anyone who actually told me a FSFT I put their name in again, so they'd have a fair chance of winning. I shook things up, pulled the following names a few minutes ago, and...drum roll please:

The winners are Shannon and Liz! I'll be in touch about your goodies.

Thanks to all who participated.

Our Halloween was fun. For some reason the imps and goblins weren't out in force like past years, and we actually were able to hand out candy, eat dinner, hand out candy, watch a movie, hand out candy, and then gorge ourselves on the left over Butterfingers. It was quite civilized; in past years we'd burn through 400 pieces of candy and would be eating at 9:30 pm. The mellowness was nice. We took turns answering the door, and I was even able to knit a bit. Tom's cyclops pumpkin - his signature carving - was a hit with the trick or treaters, as was the "good" candy we handed out. The Junior Mints were a marked favorite. All in all a good time.

It's been a while since I've flashed my WIPs, so knitting content next post. And lookee here. I've frogged my MS3 stole.

Whew. I feel so much lighter.

Happy Day of the Dead. May you and your families - those living and departed - be blessed through the coming year.

8 comments:

Romi said...

Hee. I want to frog mine, too, but it's in mohair and it hurts to think about it!

Hope you had a great halloween!

cher said...

Yummmmm, butterfingers!

mehitabel said...

My MS3 stole is gone, baby, gone! I was going to frog it... then I just broke it off and sold the rest of the ball of yarn, and put the miserable thing into the trash. Only felt a little guilty about it!
Happy Dia de los Muertos to you too!

Macoco said...

Sometimes it just feels so good to frog something and be done with it. ;)

Liz K. said...

You're the bomb. And I can't imagine with all that you're going through knitting lace in black yarn. Um, no.

Octopus Knits said...

Sounds like a nice, relaxed Halloween. Mmmm... candy : )

I agree with liz k. -- how you were knitting MS3 in black yarn is beyond me (I'm scared of using black yarn, myself, because it seems so hard to see, though, of course, I wouldn't mind the finished product : ) ).

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo! I'm so excited!

RoxyK said...

Glad you enjoyed your halloween! It's interesting hearing about it as its much more popular in the US than the UK ;)