Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Gobble, Gobble

I'm in the midst of Thanksgiving preparation, but wanted to pop in and wish all my US readers a very happy turkey day...and the rest of the world a very happy weekend. Tom and I will be cooking the full-on traditional spread of turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, cranberry sauce and veggie. (He always grumbles, but I always make sure we get a little green bean or broccoli action.) Tonight I'm baking a coffee cake for breakfast and a pumpkin pie for dessert, so I gotta go get busy with the mixing bowls and spices. Tomorrow we'll be feasting, he'll be watching copious amounts of football, and I'll be knitting between naps. Can't wait.

Happy holidays! See you after the tryptophan wears off.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Madge!

LotusKnits said...

HAHA!! I loved that episode of Mr. Bean. Ok, I loved *every* episode of Mr. Bean.

Have a great day tomorrow!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Sounds like you're having a huge feast!

P.S. My 2-year old totally loves Mr. Bean, and she screamed "Mr. Bean!" when she saw that picture up there... ;)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY TURKEY DAY to you and Tom.

I remember when I first saw that Mr Bean scene.....I think I peed a little. Sooooo funny.

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

mehitabel said...

Sounds like you were going to have a great feasting day--hope it went well! Enjoy the leftovers, too! (I have taken over the crown as Lamest Commenter in the Blogosphere.)

LINDA said...

Not familiar with Mr Bean but he looks hysterical in this post. I must get familiar. Hope your turkey day was delicious...you certainly had the right makings. See you on the 5th!

Ellen Bloom said...

6 days later.....are you STILL eating turkey? Inquiring minds need to know!