Wednesday, November 07, 2007

WIPs-y Wednesday

Taking a cue from Mary, here's a recap of what I've been working on lately.

First up are two projects I'm making for my Mom. A few weeks ago she asked for a black version of my Triangle Bag, and all I have left to do on hers is sew it together and felt it.



I'm also knitting her a Reverse Cable Scarf in some luscious Lush in the Blackberry Wine colorway.

Sorry for the blurry closeup; I had a doozie of a time capturing the color (is it just me, or are dark reds hard to photograph?). This would be a quick project, except that I am so over scarves at the moment. I think the Chevron did me in. The progress I have made was in the wee hours one night when I was watching The Proposition on cable. Man, Ray Winstone sold that movie, and Guy Pearce...well, all I could think as I watched him was, Eat a donut, man. He was creepily emaciated. My man Nick wrote the script and the soundtrack, and overall I think he did a good job on the first and a fair job on the second. Anyway, where was I? Oh, yes, knitting...

I'm also working s-l-o-w-l-y on my Campfire Socks.

First sock, 3 1/2" in. I started it forever ago, then put it down and now am picking it back up. The cheery colors spiral nicely, don't they?

Mostly what I'm working on, however, are holiday gifts. Normally I don't do much holiday knitting, but this year I stumbled over a gift idea that's functional and fun to make for folks, and I'm a holiday knitting machine. I'm also dreaming of casting on new projects: Kat Coyle's Lala Scarf and the Yarn Harlot's Lenore Socks. I also recently raided WEBS for some of their cut price Queensland Kathmandu Aran Tweed, and came away with two sweaters' worth; one sweater's worth shall be a Cobblestone for Tom.

13 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

You're like the Tazmanian Devil of knitting! Phew! A Whirlwind of activity at Chez Madgik!

Love the candy-colored socks. Mom is lucky to be receiving two (2) hand-knit gifts from you. My Mom is getting a box o' chocolates. if she's lucky!

mary said...

Hurray for your wip report! Lush looks lush-ious and can't wait to see cobblestone get started. Lots of garter and stockinette. Ahhhhhh, nice and soothing.

mehitabel said...

Love that Blackberry Wine color! I too ordered some Kathmandu--well, ET ordered it, she must have cause I don't even know what colors are coming--and I'm thinking it will make a nice wooly winter sweater. If I can get to it before spring!

Lindy said...

That scarf is lovely!

Anonymous said...

YIKES!! Look at you go! That triangle bag is gonna be awesome in all black. Love that scarf, it looks so soft and squishy. Yippee for sock knitting....I'm so proud.

Anonymous said...

Love the cables. I'm doing them on the EB-inspired wristys I'm working on, and they are so fun to do. I don't think I could handle a whole sweater-full, but on these little projects they are a lot of bang for the buck.

I have to research your triangle bag, sounds like a great project.

Anonymous said...

Those are some gorgeous projects! I love the colors in the socks!

I can't wait to see how your Cobblestone turns out. I also have been thinking about buying some of that for a cobblestone for my hubby as well!

Debi said...

Guy Pierce was beyond adorable in Pricilla, Queen of the Desert but he's look emaciated and creepy since then.

I love those socks! What yarn are you using?

CatBookMom said...

Those needles are smokin' Chez Knitdevil! I know: I've seen 'em in action, lol! The scarf is yummy, and yes, it's really hard to photo some colors, though I have found greens to be difficult along with dark reds.

RoxyK said...

Wow, haven't you been busy! You're putting me to shame.......and you're making holiday gifts too!!

Love the Campfire socks and the colour is just fab! I really need some more bedsocks. Soon.

Yup, dark pinks, reds and especially purple are a nightmare to get right on screen. It isn't just you ;)

I love Ray Winstone and have seen The Proposition. Well, we've seen most of his films, he's great.

Anonymous said...

Ooh- I love the colorway of your socks!

Anonymous said...

Awww, you're having some goodies on your needles these days! I'm so in love with the burgundy red yarn, what an awesome color, so warm and calm and... yummy! And those Campfire socks - can't wait to see more of them!

Curly Cable said...

Wow, you've been speeding along with all those projects, The scarf is gorgeous, the blackberry colour is yummy. Oh and I love the colours on the campsite socks, soooo beautiful :)