Thursday, August 16, 2007

Second Purse, Same As the First

I've got the flu. It's 100 degrees F. I'm cranky. But not cranky enough not to sew on this cool vintage Lucite button and finish up my second Triangle bag.

This Triangle might not be as cute as the first, but I love it just as much for its practicality and retro look. Whipped up with some well marinated stash Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Coal, I can hardly wait for cooler days to use it (and its sister when I'm feeling more flamboyant) when I'm out and about.

As far as other knitting goes, I'm still chugging away on my linen Gothic Leaf. I've started a stealth project out of Sea Silk. (My first Sea Silk. *swoon*) I need to swatch again for Ariann. Just to make sure. And Mystery Stole 3? Cast aside when I learned what the final shape is. (Edited version of what ran through my head at the theme reveal: WTF? A wing? With a table runner point on the other end? I'm so confused.) I was going to frog it, but my pique has cooled, and some day I might make the symmetrical version. Maybe. I'm finishing up another felted purse, the one on page 48 of Debbie Bliss's Home, using some of the super cheap Alpaca Silk I scored at one of my Black Sheep Knittery forays this summer. More photos when I'm not hot and cranky, I promise. And now, back to bed for me. Stay cool!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you're sick. I'm hoping for your quick recovery and cooler temperatures!

mary said...

The black bag is so cool too, esp with that excellent button. When I heard about the mystery stole wings, it demotivated me a bit. I think I also have to decide if I want to wear a symmetrical table runner. Off to console myself with the flower basket shawl. Feel better soon!

CatBookMom said...

Pretty, pretty, and the button is perfect. Glad you're taking good care of yourself. I'm thinking there's a LOT of knitters who are re-thinking MS3, except for those who were nearly done when the 'wing' part was revealed. Maybe I want to do something else for my first laceweight project, too.

Ellen Bloom said...

Ooo...having the flu in this deadly heat must be miserable! Glad you're taking care of yourself.

The black triangle is divine! It will be very useful, since the official color of rockin' knitters is black! That button is too faboo!

Debi said...

Fab bag! Feel better!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, that title makes me laugh out loud! It's just fabulous! Yuck, though, about the flu. Being sick is no fun- being sick in this heat must be unbearable. :( Sending you frosty, healing thoughs...

cher said...

Love the button on your latest bag!
Hope your feeling betters soon!

Anonymous said...

YIKE! summer flu SUCKS! I'm sending chicken soup vibes your way.

Your triangle bag looks very elegant, love the button.

I hear ya on MS3, I had put mine aside to see if it would be worth the painstaking work of intricate lace, when I realized the strange points at the ends of the rectangular shape. (you put it perfectly when you said "table runner") Not my cup of tea. I frogged and place the super nice zephyr wool silk into the stash to find another project worthy of its glamor.

FEEL BETTER SOON!!

Curly Cable said...

Your triangle bag look super, and I love the button you've chosen. Sorry to hear you have the "flu" not nice anytime but worst in the heat! I'm sending you the best of well wishes for a quick recovery, in the meantime get plenty of rest and drink lots of fluids!

jillian said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear you are so sick.

Love the black Triangle bag and you know I think that button is the coolest!

Ellen Bloom said...

OK...I just figured out the title...a variation on a line from Herman's Hermit's, "Henry the 8th"..."second verse, same as the first"! You're such a clever vintage rockgrrrl.

mehitabel said...

...a little bit louder, and a little bit worse! But that's not true of your purse, it's terrific! And Ellen, I thought the official color of Rockin' Knitters was orange??
Feel better soon, please--miss you!

RoxyK said...

Oh yes, another triangle bag! Sorry to hear you were poorly and hope by now you're feeling loads better. Being ill in the heat is horrid!

Gina said...

Oh that black purse is cuter than cute!