Friday, August 31, 2007

Fiendish Finds of the Week

Some of my favorite knitbloggers are doing most excellent things, and today is the perfect day to talk 'em up. Random order, all fun.

1. Liz, via a contest Stash and Burn is running from now until September 21, is having a Single Skein September. I'm in, too. Hey, I might actually make a pair of Fetchings finally. The mind boggles. Won't you join us?

2. Robbie seriously has a way with orange and lime green. And hedgehogs.

3. Lyndsey-Jane is hand dying yarn and roving in bright, happy colors. Grab her goodies at her etsy shop, the Yarn Bar. (Right now it's cleaned out due to a Lime n Violet mention, but she's restocking next week.)

4. Kgirl has just finished a ruby-licious Rowena.

5. Melanie is hand dying semi-solids now. Is it appropriate to say that my heart filled with lust when I saw her first colorway? Probably not, but I will anyway.

6. Marie is putting the word out about Secret of the Stole KAL. I'm so easy. I've joined this one, too. Sign ups close on October 4th, with the first clue releasing the next day.

Marie also sent me a prize for finishing my CPH and breaking the Great Sweater Curse. A skein of Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Bitterroot Rainbow and a dolly made out of Marie's own hand spun. The dolly is a good luck poppet to keep further sweater curses at bay, which warms the cockles of my heart. Thanks, amigo.

Happy weekend, everyone!

11 comments:

Lyndsey-Jane said...

thanks for the mention! there will be a contest running on my blog very very soon - yarn to be won!

LotusKnits said...

Aww thanks Madgie! I'm glad you like the semi-solids (so far). Maybe I'll have to send you some...

CatBookMom said...

Kate Lockley was always SO unimaginative.

Now I'm off to check out those links.

mehitabel said...

I'm easy too--signed up for the Secret of the Stole. And I haven't even touched my MS3 since I got it SNAFU'd!

Carson said...

Y'arnt nuthin but a join-up tart Madge, and you know it ;) ;)

Curly Cable said...

Crikey, you've joined up for lots of exciting things, looks like you'll be busy. Congratulations on your prize, the skein looks lovely, nice colours too. Hope the good luck dolly does the trick and keeps those nasty sweater curses at bay ;)

Liz K. said...

A sweater-curse voodoo doll? Why didn't I think of that?

Ellen Bloom said...

Very clever way to do your own blog post, Missy! Just talk about other's people's blog posts! Thanks for the info.

Anonymous said...

poppet? I love the word poppet. I may be muttering it to myself for days.

Gina said...

I'll have to check out those mentions. What a cute little doll!

Anonymous said...

Awww, so many links, will have to check them out right now. Thanks for sharing!