Tuesday, January 22, 2008

An Embarrassment of Riches

Call me a lucky gal, because I've received some great knitterly gifts from my friends lately.

For Christmas, Barbara gave me a hat and mitt set. Such a thoughtful gift; they're my fave color, and the hat is a Knitty pattern that carries my name. She designed the mitts to match, mirroring the lace pattern from the hat. Very warm and snuggly!

For Christmas, Mary and I bought each other two skeins of Blue Moon Fiber Arts Leticia. We're making Unoriginal Hats...I know, pretty original of us, eh? On the left is Hard Rock, and on the right is Ravenscroft. You can't really tell from the photo, but the Hard Rock ball is larger than the Ravenscroft; it looks like a different base yarn. Very plump and even, while the Ravenscroft is thick and thin like Manos. As soon as I get some more pressing projects out of the way, I'll jump on this helpless yarn like a starving woman on a (insert favorite meal here)...or on that Stargate: Atlantis Ronon. He's cute.

Mary also gifted me a skein of Mirasol Hacho last week. When she gave it to me, I immediately said "bees" and she said "camo," so it's affectionately known now as my bee camo yarn.

For Christmas, in addition to the skully stitch markers you've seen before, Patty gave me total cuteness in the form of this little felted kitty. She patterned it after my white cat Maggie, so we call it...Mini Maggie. Isn't this face adorable? The little pink nose. The droopy ear. The glistening eyes. Gah. I've just melted into a puddle.

Somehow, Wendy just knew I'd love these stitch markers. She was correct. I love them like I love the Rev. Very rockabilly, they're made from glass (!). And the groovy coin purse she wrapped them in is now home to all my stitch markers. Now, why do I feel the hankering for a bluebird tattoo?!

Thanks, amigos!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

You lucky KnitDevil, you! What wonderful friends you have to give you such thoughtful gifts that are so YOU! Yeah, that kitten had me at hello. I think I need me one of those in black too. Hee hee! I too received some of that halo from someone this christmas and it is beautiful stuff. Not sure what I'm going to use it for yet, but I'll keep you posted. Enjoy your booty, mate!! Arrrr... *grin*

mary said...

You are so worthy of the wonderful giftees, and you are very welcome!

CatBookMom said...

Glad you like the hat/mitts. ;-D And you're such a caring/giving person that it's fun to give to you for a change.

Now - tell me how to get Patti to make me a black kitty....

Debi said...

I ♥ all your goodies especially those sweet cherries!

I love that big chunky yarn too!

LotusKnits said...

YUMMY. Especially the kitty (with a droopy ear even!!) and the cherries. Super cute!

Anonymous said...

Wow, lucky you! Look at all that awesome stuff! I can't wait to see these hats, that yarn looks awesome.

Anonymous said...

Man-o-man....I love ALL of your loot, every single one!! What a lucky gal..you deserve it !!

cher said...

Luv all the goodies you got (esp. the cherries and the case!). If you need a tattoo partner I'm in, I'm starting to get that itch again real bad!

Susan said...

That's some serious giftage. Very nice!

Ellen Bloom said...

Lovely people receive lovely gifts!

mj said...

I'm agog, simply agog. You are amazing -- cabling with size 3 needles!!! Gorgeous stuff. Congrats to Barbara.

mj said...

I'm agog, simply agog. You are amazing -- cabling with size 3 needles!!! Gorgeous stuff. Congrats to Barbara.

kgirlknits said...

LOVE the stitch markers! little cherry bombs!

RoxyK said...

Oooh what lovely goodies! I saw your Leticia on Ravelry and thought, ooh, I like!

And I was only just saying to DH last night that Ronon was the best thing about Stargate Atlantis (he loves it, not me)

Carson said...

I've been noting your ever-burgeoning booty o' stash on ravelry Madge, and that is some haul!
Thank you for your comments on my blog too, they're quite affirming. Even if they amuse but one, it's all worthwhile! :)
Do you know I've never had a Cosmopolitan? Although I did come this[] close to trying one at the Standard in LA a coupla years ago(you know the one with the '60s organ in the lobby? Which appears for a few seconds in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang ?
Just not a big spirit drinker..I do like me a Pinot Grigio though ;)

Annette said...

What groovy gifts! Mini Maggie is too cute!

mehitabel said...

Too. Much. Cuteness. The mini-Maggie especially! But the cherries too. And the yarn... oh yeah. Lucky, and deserving, you!