This kinda freaks me out.
So, to help me stay, uh, balanced and on track, I've joined a couple of destash groups. The first I mentioned a while back: Stash Knit Down 2008. It's a Ravelry group, and they're a little intense. They're discussing storage options. They're figuring out the mileage of their stashes in Excel. They're offering challenges for people to join in on: January's is to knit a mile. A mile. For a slow process knitter like me, that's crazy talk. One of the helpful things they have done, though, is offer a thread for you to list your monthly goals. Now this I can do. So, each month I'll be thrilling you with my little list, copied here for motivation/accountability.
I rocked December...
- Finish my holiday knitting.
- Finish my second Campfire sock.
- Cast on Cobblestone.
- Spend any holiday gift certificates with abandon and...
- ...mentally prepare for cutting back in 2008.
- Buy no yarn.
- Don't whine about buying no yarn.
- Cast on Lenore socks.
- Finish knitting Cobblestone.
- Stealth crochet project.
Mission: Possible 2008
This post is running long, so if you're interested in learning more, details are here and here. My goals:
- Gift spinning wheel, spinning books, and fiber to Patty. DONE
- Felt one pair and Plasti Dip soles of 3 pairs of felted slippers.
- Finish Gothic Leaf Stole. (4 skeins of Euroflax Sportweight in Eggplant)
- Finish Cobblestone. (?? balls of Queensland Kathmandu Aran Tweed)
- Finish Shedir. (1-2 balls of Rowan Calmer in Coffee Bean)
- Crochet baby blanket out of Rowan All Seasons Cotton. (11 balls in Citron, Giddy, Lime Leaf and Remote)
- Crochet stealth project.
- Knit Unoriginal Hat out of STR Leticia in Ravenscroft.
- Knit Unoriginal Hat out of STR Leticia in Hard Rock.
- Knit Lenore socks out of STR Lightweight in Lenore.
- Knit a pair of fingerless gloves (either ggh Cashmere or Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran).
- Knit another pair of socks.
So, what stash knitting are you doing?