Sunday, January 06, 2008

In the Shower

...is where I do some of my best thinking. Take today's brilliance:

Dear Sick Germs,
Please get out of my body. Now.

Thank you,

Me


Today I was supposed to be knitting with friends. Instead, I'm home, feeling like warmed over three day-old pizza. Fluctuating between feverish/cranky/pathetic, I think cranky is winning: Tom has banned me from the couch, from which a short while ago I was screaming obscenities at two football teams I know/care nothing about. Honestly, don't you think he should be serving me hot tea and lemon - with cream puffs on the side - and fluffing my pillows? Well, for that I probably need to work the pathos a little harder, eh?

I've been knitting a little this weekend, mostly on Gothic Leaf. My third skein of Euroflax is almost finished, and I need to do Phase 2 of Operation Yarn Sausage pronto so that I'll have a fourth and final skein to finish.

I've also cast on and am turtling (is so a word) along on Shedir. Every once in a while OOPs (my knitting group) does a KAL, and this pattern is our latest. We began on January 1st. I've discovered that the small needles/cables/cotton yarn combo hurts my left hand if I do more than three rounds at a time. So, it's going slowly. I'm on row 21. On the plus side, I'm loving the chocolate brown Calmer I'm using. Soft! Squishy!

And check out the stitch marker. Handmade by Patty, is it not the coolest? Its brothers and sisters are keeping place in another knit, which I will show you soon. Now, it's back to the couch. Tom has left to buy groceries, and the coast is clear. Hope he brings me cream puffs.

20 comments:

mary said...

I'm joining in on your sentiment b/c I'm coming down with thenose runs. blech! And all I can do is knit my dang hats! If I had known you wanted cream puffs, I would have saved you one from Beard Papa's last night. Another day, I promise! Feel better soon.

Debbie D said...

oh, "turtling" is the perfect knitting word!

LotusKnits said...

Sorry you're sick! Didn't mean to send you all my icky germs with the yarn. Oops. Hopefully Tom got you something yummy and lots of meds.
Shedir looks great! I could only do a few rows at a time too. "Turtling" has an entirely different meaning at my house thanks to Fat Bastard.

Anonymous said...

Hope you get well fast! Tell Tom you'll breath on him if he doesn't tend to your every need.

At least sick time usually means lots of knitting time! LOVE that stitch marker!! You need to send that pic to skull-o-the-day.

Ellen Bloom said...

Me toooo....sick all weekend, runny nose, headache, sore throat. Bleah.

I finally finished Larry's green cardigan! Just have to sew on the buttons for his b-day this coming Saturday. Also worked on a few more WIPs hangin' around the house while watching Turner Classic Movies on TV. I feel like a slug.

Hope We're better soon!

Macoco said...

Oh no, I hope you feel better soon! I can't believe Tom is not massaging your feet and giving you a pedicure as we speak.

CatBookMom said...

Awww... I seem to have - so far, King's X - avoided sniffles, or any other Upper Respiratory Infections (URI) symptoms. I'm sorry you're sick; Monday without OOPS is lots less fun.

Stay warm, keep up with the fluids, and maintain a high level of napping. Maggie will help with that, I'm sure.

mehitabel said...

Sorry you missed yesterday's knitting--I even brought cream puffs to share! Sending you good healing thoughts!!

Anonymous said...

I totally know how you feel. I am just getting over a cold which totally threw off my weekend knitting plans. :( On the bright side your Shedir is looking great and I hope you get well soon!

Debi said...

Tom should at least be peeling you a grape or two :)

Feel better!

cher said...

hope you're feeling better. the germs have been flying around our house as well. last night my daughter woke up screaming and as I ran to her bedside she decided to share her lunch and dinner with me.
I'd mail ya some cream puffies but I'm afraid they might fly away with all the wind we've been having.
Feel better soon!

Annette said...

Operation Yarn Sausage cracks me up! Just the name. It's actually a very clever method. I love the color your using for Shedir. The Calmer I have in my stash is hot pink. I'm still undecided about whether I'm going to use it. "Turtling" should be the name of my blog.

I hope you feel better soon! Tell Tom he should also be fanning you with palm leaves. ; )

Liz K. said...

Feeling better yet? Any cream puffs materialize yet?

Carson said...

well i hope so too.
get better soon.

jillian said...

Oh no - feel better soon! Plenty of naps and knitting for you.

kgirlknits said...

I hope he brings an abundance of cream puffs! ...and sympathy and tea ...and a cool, soothing facewasher for your feverish brow ...and perhaps a little fine chocolate to help the medicine go down?

hope you're feeling better soon - and that stitch marker?

FABULOUS!

(and have you heard of a singer called Rose Turtle-urtler over there yet? She may be on youtube, not sure)

Anonymous said...

Dude, I am really hoping you feel better soon. Tom should totally be pampering you right now. DAMMIT! GET THE WOMAN SOME CREAM PUFFS!! (pssst...do you think he heard me?) Big hugs for a speedy recovery babe. Good thing is, you are well enough to knit...otherwise I'd be calling the um...anti-sick...um knitting heroes??? Anyways, get better soon!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck w/ Shedir, and feel better soon!

Jenn said...

Hope you're feeling better soon! There's crud running around up here too and I'm hoping to steer clear of it.

RoxyK said...

Oh no, sorry to hear you've been poorly! Hope you're feeling much better now ;)

Of course Tom should be waiting on you hand and foot. Perhaps more practice is needed. DH will happily bring me stuff in bed when I'm poorly as it keeps me out of the lounge and he doesn't get shouted at lol!

Glad you're enjoying the Calmer, of course I should have known you'd already have some!