Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Girl Is Crafty

The girl is crafty like ice is cold!
~Beastie Boys

A little while ago Cher blogged here about the Pay It Forward handmade gift exchange project that's going around blogland. I thought it sounded cool. So I signed up, and she sent me the most bitchin' package.

She combined it with my birthday, and my loot includes a hand knit skull washcloth and a cabled wrist warmer in green (one of my favorite colors!); a mix CD; and a skull pendant from Imogen.

The wrist warmer is actually this pattern for a coffee cup cozy, but I'm wearin' it instead. (Ravelry pattern link here.)

I'd also like to spread the DIY love - and hope you will, too - so here's the official scoop:

I will send a lovely handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment here requesting to join this PIF (Pay It Forward) exchange. I'm not sure what that gift will be yet- it will be a surprise! The only thing you have to do in return is to pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog.

Once you sign up, I'll email you to let you know that you are one of the three. Then copy and paste the above paragraph on your blog, and three other lucky people will be recipients of your handmade work.


Thanks, Cher, for my wicked cool goodies!

4 comments:

mary said...

Rockin' gifts for a rockin' chick! You only deserve the best; glad you're still getting excellent birthday gifts. Hey, flash your new koigu, bay-beee!

Macoco said...

Very cool package!

Ellen Bloom said...

What a sweet idea for the fiber community! Love it.

Jenn said...

I love that necklace! Its so the bomb!

And if you haven't gotten your three yet, I would love to do the pay it forward gifties.

And I'm going to send you and email question regarding which should be my yarn stop focus places...