Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Foliage

~ Project #5 - Wednesday ~

Today's cast on was an afterthought. This afternoon the mail person brought me some much anticipated yarn - more on that later - and I spent today's knitting time swatching for my next sweater. Realizing the day's almost over, I grabbed a ball of Malabrigo - my first! - and cast on the first three rows of Foliage. I'm sure this will be a lovely knit, but right now I just want to get back to my sweater swatching. I've even prayed to Swatchi, the goddess of gauge, in hopes that she smiles upon my efforts. If she does, project #6 is in the bag!

5 comments:

Nellie said...

I'm seeing Swatchii with eight arms and disturbingly blue skin. Hope she come through for you!

LotusKnits said...

HA! I totally snorted outloud about Swatchi, the gauge goddess. I'll go repent now, lest she smite me with another gigantic sweater

mary said...

I am *loving* following the Reckless Cast On! This will make sure you have lots for the Spring Cleaning GKA! Glad you're enjoying the cotton fleece. It rocks, don't it?

Ellen Bloom said...

Foliage is one of my fave hat patterns. It should look fantastic in that color!

Hahahah! Swatchi! You're so clever. OK, I'm still waiting for that great American novel by Madgik!

RoxyK said...

Hmmm, I recognised that Malabrigo the minute I saw it. Gorgeous stuff :)