Friday, May 02, 2008

On the Seventh Day...

~ Project #7 - Friday ~

...I cast on my final reckless cast on. I always like to have an easy felted bag on the needles. They're great group knitting, and oh so practical when they're done.

Thanks to Ravelry I discovered this cute pattern, Rick Rack, and decided it would do as the perfect spring bag to make. (though for some reason I keep wanting to call it Riff Raff) I'm knitting it in my fave girly grrl combo - hot pink and red - out of some Patons Classic Wool I scored super cheap last fall.

And so, gentle reader, our madcap week of casting on high jinx comes to a close. Though I do have a postscript: When I told Tom what I was doing he was quiet for a second and then asked, "So, since you're doing one a day, will you continue knitting that project on the same day from now on?" My first thought was Wow, even I'm not that OCD. My second? Hey, that's a pretty good idea.

Happy weekend, everyone!

4 comments:

jillian said...

Wait, I thought you were supposed to rest on the seventh day :)

Anonymous said...

Heeeeeyyyyyyyyyy....that IS a good idea! Tom is such a smartie pants. Might draw out the projects longer, but it sure would keep things interesting!! :D

Annette said...

Congrats on completing your weeklong project! Now you have a project to work on for whatever mood you find yourself in. Knit on, sister!

Anonymous said...

Ha- Jillian's comment made me laugh! My head is spinning from all this casting on! Look forward to seeing how all the projects progress.