Thursday, May 01, 2008

Swatchi Smiled

~Project #6 - Thursday ~

And I cheated. I actually cast on Knitting Pure and Simple's pattern #241 last night around 11 pm. In true reckless style I haven't washed my gauge swatch, so I could be frakked. I have a good feeling about this, though, and am choosing to think not. (If you're missing your rosy colored glasses, let me know.)

The yarn in use is Brown Sheep's Cotton Fleece. Another first for me; partner-in-crime Mary and I scored some at the current Little Knits' sale. The colorway is Black Forest, a dark, dark green in sunlight that assumes a blackish tint in shade. It's knitting like a dream, and I envision myself wearing this cardi non-stop when it's finished.

Happy May Day! Hope you're all boinking, er knitting, your little hearts out.

4 comments:

mary said...

Excellent! I am having such a freakin' good time watching you recklessly cast on. I didn't experience any noticeable growth of the swatch that I did last time, so fingers crossed that Swatchi continues to smile down on you.

jillian said...

OK, we must be having some sort of long distance mind meld. Because I've nearly cast on for that sweater 3 times in the last 2 weeks! First the Habu bag, then Flutter, than this. :)

Annette said...

You're mad woman! Mad, I say!! ;) This is the first time I've visited your blog since you started your crazy fun project. It looks like your having fun! I had fun seeing all of your new projects. I'll keeep tuning in!

Nellie said...

Sensational abandon Madge! (And is that a BSG reference there?)