Saturday, October 07, 2006

Turtle

I'm still getting over the sinus infection/virus from h-e-double toothpicks, and have to admit that not a lot of knittin' has been happenin' due to my inability to focus on anything but Stargate SG-1 reruns courtesy of Netflix. Not only that, but today I'm missing the Pasadena Daytimers yarn crawl set up by Annette. Drat.

The Hanging Garden shawl is creeping along - I'm on row 44 (out of 55) of the first repeat (out of 14). Pretty impressive, eh? I've begun a stealth project. I'm tossing some holiday ideas around. And I'm still searching for a sweater project. My latest thought is to find a pattern for this lovely Berroco Ultra Alpaca in the not so lovely named "potting soil mix" colorway. (hey! let's call one of our colors dirt! okay!) Mary brought Ariann to my attention - what do you think?



I also recently acquired these two skeins of Socks That Rock yarn, and just had to include the photos because the colors are so darn yummy. The first is Fred Flintstone, an autumnal blend of orange, rusts and gold. I'd love to use it for a simple lace scarf.



The second is the amazing Sherbet. And yes, the colors are that vivid in person. Yowza! No idea what I want to make with it...I just had to have it, y'know?



Okay, it's back to the couch for me. Knitsisters, I hope the yarn crawl was great fun! Can't wait to hear about it and see your loot.

8 comments:

Lady Misty Morn said...

I'm sorry you had to miss the yarn crawl too. Neither Marie or I was able to go either.

Feel better soon!!!

*hugs*

Bonne Marie said...

Daggit - hope you're starting to feel better - but there's nothing better than a good yarn crawl to Heal Thyself!

I love that Alpaca - and the color - WOW!

jillian said...

We missed you! This time seemed to be a bust for many - bad cosmic timing.

Feel better!

Opinionated said...

I wish I could have gone too, but I had to work :( I hope you feel better soon! Winston says hi back to you and your kitties.

Annette said...

I like that pattern! I think it will look great in the "dirty" colored yarn. ;) It's really a beautiful color, but I agree with you...not an appealing name. We did miss you yesterday! I should have some pics of my purchases up soon. Feel better.

Anonymous said...

I really like Ariann, and Bonne Marie's patterns are GREAT! Easy to follow and always work... We missed you yesterday, but I am sure you will be regaled with stories on Wednesday.

mehitabel said...

Well, I'm with you--missing the yarn crawl stinks! But hopefully we can see everyone's goodied on Wed. Feel better then so you can join us--it's just not the same without you!

theresa said...

I am also needing to use that colour of ultra alpaca - I think it looks like a rich bronze, I love it! A cardigan would be great!