Monday, November 06, 2006

Lacevember Questionnaire

The knitting questions, or the usual suspects

+ How long have you been knitting? Off and on since I was six. Seriously for the past two years.
+ How did you learn to knit? My grandmother taught me.
+ Favorite thing about knitting? It offers me the opportunity to create something that is both beautiful and practical.
+ How long have you been knitting lace? My first lace project was knitty's Branching Out Scarf for the Knitting Olympics this February.
+ Favorite thing about knitting lace. Blocking. It's magical.



The yarn questions, or flash your stash

+ Favorite lace yarn? I've only finished two lace projects, so I don't have a favorite yet.
+ Variegated or solids for shawls? Solids.
+ Favorite lace color? Olive, chocolate brown, pumpkin, black. (I have no idea how I have all that pink Koigu!)



Technique, or show us your skillz

+ Circs or straights? Circs.
+ Favorite lace knitting trick? Spit splice/Russian join.
+ Lifelines? If so with what? Definitely. Unwaxed dental floss.
+ Fancy blocking wires, or just sewing pins stuck in your carpet? Pins stuck to the spare bed.

Pattern, or can you follow directions

+ Shawls or lacey items? Both.
+ Triangle, rectangle, or circular shawls? Rectangular.
+ Charts or printed instructions? Charts.
+ Favorite lace you've knit? Sivia Harding's Diamond Fantasy Shawl.
+ Favorite lace you want to knit? Evelyn Clark's Flower Basket Shawl...and at least ten others.

Just Fun, yup that's right, just for fun

+ Favorite jelly belly flavor? Licorice.
+ Tell me everything you know about Eric the Red..... Wasn't he the guy who played tuba in the high school marching band?
+ Coke, classic or with lime? Classic.
+ Holiday carols, sing along, or wish they would be banned from all public airwaves? Prefer to hum along in the privacy of my own home.
+ What is the definition of irony? You play the black and the red comes up.
+ How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop? *crunch*
+ Why is my cat always puking in front of my son's bedroom door? Dunno.
+ What is your superhero power? My unerring ability to find a yarn store or a thrift shop, no matter where I am.
+ If the laundry is 9 foot by 11 foot (just dreaming, that's a big laundry room), and the walls are 8 feet tall, and you are going to tile the entire room in tiles that are 3 inches by 5 inches, what color should those tiles be? Turquoise and black.
+ What's for dinner tonight? Chicken curry with rice.
+ What is clogging my children's bathtub drain? Maybe your cat's puke? Eww.

2 comments:

mary said...

Dang girl, you are so funny!

mehitabel said...

Cat puke? Really? Cats can puke? (Snort!!) Great answers! Now, after looking at that laundry list of questions, I don't know if I want to join...