Friday, November 03, 2006

One Down



Last night I finished the first repeat (out of 14) on my Hanging Garden Shawl. After the lifeline was run, happy dancing occurred. It's great to be able to see the pattern finally emerge, and I'm well chuffed with how my stitches look so far.



Lacevember has me all inspired, and I'm over my mental block about this project. Hopefully if I just pay attention to what I'm doing and not try to knit it when I'm tired the enthusiasm will continue...and since I'm an incredibly slow lace knitter, I expect it'll have to continue for another 2-3 months!



In knitsisterly news: Whimsical Knitting is having a fun photo contest. Check it out and send her your photos. How about that one of Howie sporting the, um, unmentionable? Heh.

Thanks to Mehitabel and Fay Lynn for the feedback on the Socks That Rock Club. Consensus seems to be that it's pricey for what it is, and it's geared really only towards sock knitters (hey, there are a lot of us who buy sock yarn for lace and other accessories). I think it would be fun to get a package in the mail every few months, and I like that 1) there would be an element of surprise to what's coming and 2) that there is an accompanying KAL. But since I'm not an obsessed sock maker (yet), it might be unsatisfying in the long run. There's a good chance I'll just haunt Yarn Pirate and Yarntini instead. Hmm, have to think about it a little more - good thing we've got a couple of months to decide.

8 comments:

mary said...

I love that Whimsical Knitting with Howie. He's the star of the show. He seriously looks like a skull wearing the warmer. Love seeing your shawl lounging around in the tiki vases.

Anonymous said...

hey, i'm thinkin' about starting my own sock yarn club. it won't be as pricey OR as exclusive as STR. and i have some inside info that pure knits will be starting one, featuring yarn pirate and yarntini in exclusive pure knits colorways...

jillian said...

Your lace is looking incredible! Wow!

mehitabel said...

Great work on the Hanging Garden...now I need to get mine started! The beads are what's keeping me away--gotta figure out how to thread them on without breaking the yarn, which is what happened the first time. And it does look as if your WIPs have a much better time than mine. Of course, I haven't really been setting the timer on the camera to catch them in the act...

Anonymous said...

I am totally speechless. Your lacework is absolutely gorgeous.

mary said...

I love the new knit devil hat picture! You've gotta teach me how to do that.

Annette said...

Your lace looks beautiful! I love the color and can't wait to see it in person. I'm tellin' ya - you're becoming quite the "Lace Queen".

Becka said...

Hey Madge! I've not been online much lately..bedrest and whatnot, thanks so much for mentioning the contest...wasn't it fun! I will have to think of another really fun one next year!