Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Row 38

Wow, Mary is right: After yesterday's black sweater purge, I do feel a lot better. (Isn't it funny how a misguided project can just suck the fun right out of your knitting?) So much so that I knit with a vengeance last night on Hanging Garden...and actually have something to show for it. Yes, I'm up to row 38 of the second repeat. See it there? Right by row 37? Cool, eh?


Lacevember continues to inspire. A good number of people are posting FOs now, and it's fun to see what everyone has been working on during the month. There's a broad range of skill levels, and some of the people are downright amazing; they've knit an intricate lace shawl in a week or two. What a great superpower to have.

Also inspiring is Jane Sowerby's Victorian Lace Today. Oh my goodness. What a gorgeous book. My little lace knitting newbie heart just goes pitter pat whenever I open it up.

And from the sublime to the confusing...the spring Knitscene preview is up. And while I'd like to be impartial and discuss the entire issue, all I can say is...WTF is with that giant baby bottle?! Am I the only person whose mind just flips to envisioning it used in some kinky fetishistic way? (didn't they see that episode of CSI?) Ahem. Oh, yeah, Kat Coyle's Cabaret Capelet is cute. And Kate Gilbert's Strawberry Clutch is kitsch used for good instead of evil. But that baby bottle just has me scratching my head.

6 comments:

jillian said...

Your shawl is fabulous! Glad purging the black sweater set you straight. In the same spirit I've decided to frog my partial front of my Wobbly Tote. It's just no fun. Life's too short for no-fun knitting!

I'm with ya on the Knitscene preview. Darn I meant to post it was up. Overall I liked the issue much more than usual, there are some really nice patterns (maybe) but that bottle is just strange.

mary said...

Sometimes I see things that I so don't get, so I just quickly dismiss it. Knitscene is one of those for me. Couple of cute patterns, for on the whole, not for me. Too bad. You are kicking butt on that Hanging Garden!

CatBookMom said...

The shawl is looking wonderful. Alas, I haven't knit one stitch on my Lacevember project since I first posted, ages ago. I was thinking that I was done with gift knitting, but then I started cleaning up the stash and found this, and that, and.... Sigh.

Guess I'd better go look at the weird bottleon at Knitscene. Sounds like a candidate for the sadly-discontinued You Knit What??

Annette said...

Baby bottle. Why? I'm scratching my head right along with ya. And what's up with that tuxedo tee? What man would really where that? I'm sure there are some out there, but....

You're lacework is looking gorgeous and amazing.

mehitabel said...

Your HG is sublime, but most of that Knitscene stuff is ridiculous. I mean, really!! The baby bottle is just--WTF?--but then some of the clothing. Whew! I will probably pick up the issue and flip through it when it comes out, but I really really doubt that it will come home with me. Guess I'm just not HIP enough for them! (And been there, done that with the 60's and 70's funk, too!)

Anonymous said...

HG is going gorgeously; I'm incredibly impressed!

As for Knitscene. The baby bottle is on crack, I don't know what's up with that, but the Kenobi jacket, maybe (I want a better photo), I liked that cabled bag, maybe the Butterfly (again, a better picture would help).