Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Dark Side

I'm studying up. And practicing what I learn with Marie, my partner in knitty crime. Gotta tell ya, we're so bad we're good.

A few days ago we found out from Ellen that Black Sheep Knittery is having a 50% off sale on their entire store. 50%. Off of everything. That's our kind of sale. So yesterday we cased the joint.

It looked safe, so we leisurely made our way inside and scored. Scored big. Afterwards we lit out, deciding on the fly to make sure the stashbusting police weren't on our trail. To throw them off the scent we hit a cafe and knit a bit on our CPHs. Then, it was back to our lairs to bliss out over our purchases.

My loot includes Rowan Calmer (3 balls each in Onyx and Coffee Bean) and a slew of Koigu. (I bought more, but that bit is earmarked for a friend's gift I'm going to make, so I have to be all mysterious about it.) Also some Bryspun and Brittany dpns in sock making sizes, and Louisa Harding's Winter's Muse Classics, which has some great 40s inspired garments for channeling your inner gun moll.

As I keep a low profile today - there could still be roadblocks up - look who's keeping me company. Maggie and Joey have become fast friends. I'm off to pop some Jimmy Cliff into the CD player - Johnny Too Bad - and join them on the couch and cast on socklet number two. Ah, villainy.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to Black Sheep tonight! Hopefully the fact that my big Knit Happens order arrived today will help me practice some restraint....

jillian said...

You're villianous pointing out (again) that incredible sale. I think my resistance is about gone!

mary said...

Hurray for more yarn for you. and Hurray that it's you and not me. Great stash enhancement.

Annette said...

You are B.A.D.! I agree with Mary. My addiction is getting out of control. Love your new yarns!

Bwha-haa-haa-haaaaa...

QueSarah said...

WOW, what a deal! Good job on building up the stash :-) Happy knitting!

Anonymous said...

Yessss, yarn sales! ;))) This certainly awakens the hunter in every knitter, don't you think? I absolutely love the yarn that you got, these skeins look so yummy in their beautiful colours! And my gosh, that pic of your lil' furry one - I'd so love to cuddle along! ;)

Anonymous said...

Ack! You mean to tell me this sale is still going on? Dangit... ;)

Anonymous said...

Your sooooo BAD, and that Koigu is sooooo GOOD!!

mehitabel said...

That's what happens when my Evil Twin gets out of her cage--and finds a kindred soul! I'm venturing out of doors today--looks as if the coast is clear! But we did score, didn't we!!

Ellen Bloom said...

You are Marie are the Nancy Drews of yarn sleuthing! Nice work at Black Sheep...glad you made the trip to our cute little neighborhood yarn shop!

Olga said...

Oh My! I NEED that book! I NEED the yarn too, but the BOOK! Hey, hows about telling little juicey details on your blog? OOOOYAH.

Chris said...

Oh, that villainy book is brilliant!

knitnzu said...

Oh my! That haul is lovely! What an incredible sale. Too bad for me that I'm 3000 miles away! Villian you.

Anonymous said...

I like Lucky the Sock. If you knit sox small enough, Maggie can wear them. Oh, no. It would be such a shame to cover up those too cute pink toes.....
Fumblefingers

BrownPants said...

Squeal! Maggie and Joey look so cute together! And that Koigu looks like a lovely lovely shade