Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Today Is a Great Day

Today went from being a good day to a great one, all in the space of ten minutes. First, Barbara (she's having blog issues, but hopefully will be back up and running again soon) called to let me know that Stephanie at Unwind put out her final order of Sweet Georgia yarn today. I missed the infamous Loopy Ewe SG final update, so this was sweet news indeed. Barbara knows Yarn Delirium when she hears it - was it the quake in my voice that gave me away? - and rang off immediately so I could call Stephanie and score me some of that. Which I did. Soon to be in my grubby little paws are a skein of Handpainted Lace in Fondant, two skeins of Superwash Sock in Blue Steel and...now, this is very embarrassing, but I'm not quite sure what the third thing is that I ordered. I think I bought a skein of Speed Demon in Elf. Well, whatever it is, I'm sure it's lovely. (Sheesh, I have it bad.)

After calling Barbara back and acting like a normal human being - we had a conversation and everything! - I jumped online to catch up with some blog reading. Bopped over to JenLa, where I discovered I've won the lottery. That's right! Today La posted the winners of her De Feet of Cuteness contest (oh my! the cuteness!), and the photo of Maggie's toes won one of the Lottery spots. I'm tickled pink. Maggie is, of course, nonplussed.

The CPH news is good, too. (Heh, I crack up every time I write CPH. It makes me think of the PCHers, the bad boy gang in Veronica Mars. Tattoos! Motorcycles! Leather!) After an angst-filled weekend doing all sorts of random swatching, I cast on again and things are progressing much better this time around. I've knit the ribbing on US 7s, and am using US 8 Addis for the body. It's early days yet - I've only knit 6" of the back - but it looks like I'll have an adult sized sweater when I'm done. Maybe even one that'll fit me. Bueno.


Sorry about the crap photo. And please be kind about the ribbing. I tried everything in my power to make it behave, but it just won't. But before I sound all sorts of crazy and continue talking about it like it's a recalcitrant teenager, let's just say it is what it is and move on. Marvels can occur in blocking, right?

A big thank you goes to Liz at Crossroad Knits for posting the instructions on "how to do ribs so they don't look like you knit them drunk." While my CPH's come out tipsy no matter which method I use, I've tucked this gem away in my tips 'n' tricks grimoire, as I know it'll come in handy down the road.

And all you Black Water Abbey fans - go check out Moth Heaven's Celtic Dreams. Isn't it delish?

Oh, yeah, and I've started my sister's Flower Basket. After the CPH drama, it's a dream. Lovin' the red Koigu.

Yes, today has been grand.

8 comments:

Lady Misty Morn said...

Well, we can blame the yarn fumes, even potential yarn fumes, for the lapse. It's ok to not know what you buy, mehitabel's ET does it all the time. It's always nice to have a surprise or 2.

jillian said...

So glad you had a wonderful day!! You deserve it. All in the cosmic balance!

mary said...

Congrats on Maggie's Toes winning! Those cute tootsies deserved to win. And of course, you would have to rub FBS in my face too. I can't handle all of my project envy and I can't keep up with doing the FBS with you too. I want to knit everything you're knitting. Argh! What am I to do... Go knit CPH of course.

Anonymous said...

Aren't great knitting days the best!! I'm glad you had an awesome stash enhancement, project progression, lotto winning day. The CPH is coming along well, I'm still LOVING that green!!

CatBookMom said...

Thanks for the post! I'm beginning to have blog cravings bigtime. Sigh. And you're going to be so happy with the SG yarn, hee, hee.

I'm glad about Maggie's Toes winning, but Midnight's Elegant Pawsitude didn't even make the finalists. She's pretty mellow about it, but she's pointed out that if I'd sent the picture of her paws on the ground, where the little tufts on them make them look like Dr Seuss feet, would have won.

Anonymous said...

Oh yay, I'm so happy to hear things have looked up over there after the CPH incident! And I'm glad to know that Maggie's toes won- it really can't get much cuter than those things!

mehitabel said...

Sounds like you had a good day after all--good score! I am afraid, though, that you have caught my Evil Twin syndrome. Mine has been busy buying shoes lately. She discovered Zappos. Sigh. Need to rein that woman in! And congrats on the Maggie's toes being the cutest of the cute! It will be fun to see what you get when your Unwind order comes in!

Anonymous said...

This sounds like an absolutely wonderful day, and mind you, you've so deserved it! How great!
And congrats to you and Maggie for winning, now, how awesome is that?