Monday, July 30, 2007

Back in Black

This past weekend was all about Mystery Stole 3. After discovering my first clue's wonkiness I stewed for a couple of weeks. Did some procrastination knitting. Then on Saturday evening I sucked it up, and in the course of 24 hours knit 72 rows. I'm now halfway through the third clue, and hope to finish it today. Here it is at the end of clue 2:

My goal is to be caught up for the fifth clue - and the theme reveal - by Friday. To that end I'll be shortening the fourth clue. Because really? My attention might waver - clue 4's chart looks kinda monotonous - and I'd find myself casting on Ariann (I'm this close) - or 17 other projects from my Ravelry queue and that would be that for poor ole MS3. So good bye stole, hello scarf!

I have to admit I'm still waiting for the satanic message to pop out on mine, though. Have any of you seen it on yours? Because I'd really hate to miss it. For those of you wondering what the heck I'm on about: in a nutshell a woman in the MS3 group caused quite a stir when she posted to the group and to her blog - scroll down to the end of the post - that she was wondering if the theme had to do with "the man downstairs." This is the best troll action I've seen in awhile, and makes me giggle. C'mon, cutesy names for Beelzebub? That's funny.

Bang your heads, knitsters. Hope you're working on something fun.

13 comments:

Liz K. said...

Phew! I am relieved that there is no Satanic message in the MS3 because, of course, I am not making one. I want a satanic scarf!

And you'd have the perfect color for one.

Ellen Bloom said...

Your stole looks magnif. The pattern is gorgeous.

The "message" will probably be the official crest of Gryffindor or something similar. Everyone's got Harry Potter fever lately.

jillian said...

I had heard a little about that, more about someone else who heard about it and even fearing it could be true, stopped knitting along until she checked with the designer! I want there to be "666" in curliques. That would be COOL!

LotusKnits said...

I love the way this shawl is knitting up, and in black, it's just gorgeous!

And the chic with the satanic worries? I didn't realize people still believe in that stuff. And to even be frightened by it? Weird.

Carson said...

I checked out the link.
And I don't know whether to despair or fall about laughing hysterically.
Maybe a little of both.
Wow.
And that's just at the spelling mistakes! ;)

mehitabel said...

Well, there may not be a Satanic message in it, but mine is cursed. Cursed, I tell you! It's heading for the frog pond--or maybe just the fireplace. I'm thinking of starting over, but then I'm afraid the same ol' same ol' would just happen again. Sigh. Too hot to knit or to think!

mary said...

A satanic stole would be too funny and would serve them right. Hurray for mystery stole getting its legs back!

Octopus Knits said...

Love your post title! I am curious to know what the theme is... guess we'll find out soon.

LadyLinoleum said...

OMG, that is gorgeous!

Hey, we need to get together. We could go to the movies. Or knit. Or go to the movies and knit. LOL

Anyway, e me when you get a chance at ladylinoleum at monstercrochet dot com.

Lindy said...

Maybe I'm just easily amused, but the fact that you quoted AC/DC as the title to this post, and then went on to talk about a Satanic rumor left me highly amused.

And I have to say, even if the theme was a little devilsih, it's so pretty I doubt I'd care!

Anonymous said...

K thats just nothing short of perfect!!
Your so good!!!

Anonymous said...

Did you hear me laugh now? Actually: Howl? No really, I know you must've heard me all across the oceans! LOL! I mean, it's really awesome to see what people's brains are coming up with when they're... ehhhh... not knowing what they're doing! These must be the people who are still playing their old records backwards to find out if there are any satanic messages on them or not - and believe me, they WILL find each and every message they want to find ;=)
But man, I'm disappointed now and at the same time glad that I didn't take part in MS3 - I want a satanic scarf! Desperately!

beth/ fresh noodle said...

This shawl is SO beautiful in black! Aren't you proud of yourself? This thing rocks!