Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Days Are Full

Cookie A.

What's been going on lately? Well, last Friday I took a toe-up sock class Cookie was teaching at Unwind. Ellen and Barbara took it, too, and with their help (and vestigial memories from knitting my Frankensocks with Mary last fall) I managed to finish my practice sock within the three hour class.

I'm a bad blogger, and spaced taking my camera, but Ellen has posted about our fun time here. (For your amusement she's included a photo of me looking positively bedbug crazy next to her gorgeous self.)

Cookie did not disappoint. She was very patient, she made herself available to everyone, she adjusted the pattern to our knowledge level...she ruled. She also taught us a sewn bind off, which yers truly thinks is as nifty as a slice of Pie and Burger's coconut creme pie.

Mystery Stole 3

There are 6,688 members. (Yarn Harlot joining near the end was a call for everyone to jump in the pool - yay!) USA Today is interviewing Melanie. What a phenomena.

I'm still on clue 1, row 90. I guess that officially makes me a Slow Bee (thanks to Bonne Marie for the button).

It's fun, not knowing what will come next, and I'm enjoying the pattern so far. There are lots of guesses about what the theme is, but I'm content just to watch the stitches form.

Mick Harvey

I've been listening to One Man's Treasure non-stop. And yes, I kinda have a crush.

Three Websites Rivaling Ravelry for My Attention

Thanks go to Marie for...Smart Bitches Who Love Trashy Novels. Lordy, this one's funny.

Stop, You're Killing Me! Great resource if you're a hard boiled gal like me.

Television Without Pity has been a personal fave for a while. Hilarious and mind boggling. And the snark's served hot.

7 comments:

Liz K. said...

When I am feeling particularly grumpy, I go straight to TV without Pity. Their recaps of 24 are hilarious.

Anonymous said...

You guys looked like you had a blast at Cookies class, I am still just a little bitter about not getting to go, but just a little. I'm right there in the MS3 slow lane with you, I think I am only on row 60 or so. But that's OK, it's not a race.

mary said...

Summer days full of knitting are bliss, aren't they? But then, they would be in fall, winter and spring too. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the little brown sock that you finished! Its sweet!
OMG I LOVE, LIVE, LIKE FOREVER Mr Harvey! Hes a total fox! Nick Cave and the Seeds are one of my all time favorites!! Oh I knew I adored you! hahaah

Ellen Bloom said...

Hah! Thanks for calling me "gorgeous." Hardly! A wise woman once told me, "A little powder and a little paint makes you look like what you ain't."

Smart lady.

Anonymous said...

Sooooo...is Tom mortified to be considered a hotty?!?! Tee hee.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, thanks for sharing these great links - especially #2 seems very appealing to me ;)
Yay for the sock class - my gosh, I'd be so in need of such a class too, my toe up sock attemps were ridiculous so far! Congrats to you for conquering the toe up hassles!