Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Found It

Long Lost Scarf

Recently I discovered this simple mesh scarf I crocheted three? four? years ago wadded in a corner of my yarn closet. Whoa. I'm having a moment like David Bowie did when he said he can't remember the year 1970.

Pattern: Open Season from the fall 2003 issue of Family Circle Easy Knitting
Yarn: Classic Elite Lush - 1 skein color 4413 black
Hook: Maybe an F or a G? I do like a good F.

Central Park Hoodie

I've found the strength to finish the hood and button band. Next up: seaming. As soon as that's done I'll post a proper recap of the Project That Broke the Sweater Curse.


Triangle Purse

Thanks for all your compliments on my Triangle purse. I'm glad you liked it. Me, I like it so much I'm making another one. In black. For decoration I'm gonna sew on a cool 30s lucite button I bought at Stitches West.

Ariann

I'm swatching tonight!

14 comments:

Carson said...

I have those Bowie moments every single day

Debi said...

I wish I could remember a good F :)

LotusKnits said...

I'm having those Bowie moments frequently too. Weird.

But YAY for CPH!!!

mary said...

OOh what lovelies! And you're starting Ariann? Uh oh, I might have to follow you on that. We'll see. CPH looks buttonbandlicious!

mehitabel said...

So glad you have broken the sweater curse!! I still think you will come to love your CPH when it's all done--even if it's from afar as your sister wears it!

Curly Cable said...

Your scarf is terrific, I love the crocheted flowers on the bottom, they look fab! The CPH is coming on... Hang on in there, it's looking super, Well done!

pacalaga said...

Wow, the fabric behind that hoodie is so wild and so like the stuff I'd use in a quilt that it took me a minute to realize that there wasn't an odd-shaped hole in the middle... I dunno if that qualifies as a Bowie moment, but it was mind-altering...

Ellen Bloom said...

I knew you were a closet-crocheter!!! Excellent mesh scarf. I see more crochet projects in your future.

Hugs!

Queen of Crochet

Ellen Bloom said...

Oh, P.S....

I crocheted a mesh scarf using SOCK YARN. It was flexible and lovely. I know you have lots of sock yarn...try an "F" hook!

Anonymous said...

Oh, the CPH. It's coming along! Yay!

jillian said...

I can't remember 1970 either. Oh wait, I wasn't born yet.

That sweater curse is broken for good!

I ripped out and restarted a bigger size of Ariann last night, so I really only have the sleeves done again :)

Anonymous said...

Woah! This is a rockin' cool scarf! And I had a great howl with that Bowie-quote - really, I have these moments all the time too ;)
I so can't wait to see your Ariann - keep the progress pics comin', will you? And the CPH - wow!!!! Absolutely wow already!

Annette said...

That's an awesome scarf! I bet it's soft too. CPH looks great. It'll be done just in time for fall. Perfect!

Anonymous said...

Your a busy Princess! hahaah I mean devil! hahah