Monday, July 02, 2007

If the Anti-Social Shoe Fits

Has it really been a week since I last posted? Zounds. I owe everyone email, too; apologies if you've left a comment or emailed me recently. The strands of blogland are getting away from me, like an errant ball of (insert favorite yarn here) that's rolled under the couch. Today I'll try and catch up a bit, so without further mumblings...

Yesterday six of us Anti-Social Knitters met at Wen's house for a potluck lunch, knitting, crocheting and a yarn swap. I was a total spaz, and clicked only these random photos. (I'm blaming flakiness on the 90+ degree heat we're having. My brain has melted.) Ellen will have her recap up soon, too, and I'm sure her photos will do a great job of showing our shenanigans.

Wen

Ellen and Marie

La and Zoe

Yarn Swap-o-Rama

I restrained myself, and didn't roll in or drool on the yarn. I did bring home three goodies:

1,000 yds. Lorna's Laces Helen's Lace in Tahoe

400 yds. of Schaefer Yarns Esperanza in Tink

1 lonely skein of Nashua Handknits Creative Focus Worsted in Natural

We really are a fun bunch, so if you're in the Los Angeles area and are interested in joining in on future ASK events, please give a shout out to La so she can add you to our email list.

Okay, that's it for today. Stay tuned this week for mysterious stole workings, a grudging acknowledgement of semi-appeasement, fun with apricots, and another example of socktardedness.

5 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

Ha! We did have a good time. I must confess...I rescued a few more skeins o' yarn from the giveaway bag before I dropped it off at Stitches From The Heart! I'll post pix soon.

Anonymous said...

What a fun bunch of fiber peeps!! I might have to get myself down to your area for some ASK fun!! Score on the Lornas Laces, it will make a mighty fine shawl.

mary said...

Sounds like it was a grand time and sorry I missed it. I had a very important date with a monkey though. Score on the yarn!

Annette said...

Looks like fun! I'll make it to one of the get-togethers someday. The Tahoe color of Lorna's Laces is really pretty.

mehitabel said...

Really was a good afternoon! And I am quite happy with both sides of the swap--glad to see some things re-homed, and glad to bring some others back with me!