Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Minty Fresh

Swiped from La, I couldn't resist this meme, mainly because it jives nicely with something I mentioned yesterday. Yeah, the English major in me loves thematic jiving.

Time for SCATTERGORIES, amigos.

Here are the rules:
+ Use the first letter of your name to answer each of the following.
+ They MUST be real places, names, things…NOTHING made up.
+ If you can’t think of anything, skip it.
+ Try to use different answers if the person before you had the same first initial.
+ You CAN’T use your name for the boy/girl name question.
+ Have fun!

My name: Madge
1. Famous singer/band: Metallica
2. Four letter word: Muck
3. Street name: Mulholland Drive
4. Color: Magenta
5. Gifts/Presents: Money (does this make me shallow?)
6. Vehicle: Mustang
7. Things in a Souvenir Shop: Muscle tees
8. Boy Name: Michael
9. Girl Name: Megan
10. Movie Title: Matador (mmm, young Antonio Banderas)
11. Drink: Mojito
12. Occupation: Mud Wrestler, Maestro, Moll
13. Celebrity: Matthew Modine
14. Magazine: Maximum Rock n Roll
15. US City: Moscow, ID
16. Pro Sports Team: Maple Leafs
17. Reason for Being Late for Work: Medical emergency
18. Something You Throw Away: Metal shavings
19. Things You Shout: Move it!
20. Cartoon Character: Minnie Mouse

Now for a *spoiler alert.* If you're shy about seeing the latest Yarntini sock club offering, avert thine eyes.

It arrived yesterday. The Mint Mojito colorway is in a 50 wool/50 tencel blend, and comes with its own cocktail recipe! Also included in the box were itty bitty US 1 rosewood DPNs (my dpn collection just got a lot posher), Erika L. Seelinger's Cricosaura sock pattern, and Yarntini's signature giftie, flavored lip balm. Mint, of course. Yeah, this time the package is pretty nifty, so call me appeased. Yay.

11 comments:

mary said...

Mmmmmmmmmm is for nice M post and Minty Mojitos. I'm glad you like this installment of Yarntini's yarn club. I'm kind of meh about it, but probably because the yarn reminds me so much of the STR lemongrass I loved for my Hederas. And I'm kind of meh about the pattern too. Maybe I'm just meh b/c of the heat. M is for Meh.

Anonymous said...

YUM, mojitios, sounds like summer to me. Awesome Yarntini SWAG. Cute meme, I might have to actually have to do this one, although a 4 letter word that starts with "C" might get a bit vulgar, hehe.

Lyndsey-Jane said...

great meme! Just what I needed as my brain is starting melt with study.

jillian said...

I thought about you when I got my package! I am so glad you are pleased! It is nifty! Of course, I always like earthy colors.

Debi said...

Marvelous meme and miraculous swag :)

Anonymous said...

I just did this and it was kind of erie/creepily cool! hahah
Hope your fourth was wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Totally fun to read through - yay for Metallica and Mojitos!!!

Anonymous said...

and here I thought EVERYONE saved their mental shavings.

What? No Pensieve?

Gina said...

Such beautiful colors!

Carson said...

Thanks for your comment Madge (I know, I know I'm a bit late) If I'm ever in SF I will be sure to have a Mai Tai at the Tonga Room
or should that be a Mojito in honour of the yarn?

Anonymous said...

I WANT YARNTINI YARN!
I WANT YARNTINI YARN!
I WANT YARNTINI YARN!!

Where the heck can I find some? Their site never seems to have any.
Great mmmmmmmeme!!