Thursday, February 08, 2007

Blue

Last night I cast on the Fountain Lace Scarf using Valley Yarns Florence. Both are from Webs. The pattern came free with the purchase of the yarn, which I bought last year to 1) try out a Valley Yarn, and 2) knit with an unusual - for me - color. Because blue? Not a shade to which I gravitate. But since it's one of this round's Project Spectrum colors, I decided now was the perfect time to bust out of my color complacency and knit this puppy up.

After I figured out what 'skp' meant the pattern moved along swimmingly. I'm enjoying the worsted weight on size US 10s. The yarn is fuzzy (always a plus for a mohair/angora lovin' gal like me) without being scratchy, and good quality (50 merino/35 acrylic/15 kid mohair) for the price ($4.79 for 109 yds). It knits up easily, is squeak free (acrylic freaks me out with its squeakiness), and using it makes this a quick and enjoyable lace project.

And speaking of lace...Flower Basket is finished! More later, because right now I'm off to wash and block her.

5 comments:

jillian said...

You are becoming a lacerama-mama! Quick and beautiful blue lace knitting -how perfect that you had this project "in wiatng" and then Project Spectrum came along. Can't WAIT to see FBS!!

BrownPants said...

Lovely Madge! I tend to avoid blue too (colour of my high school school uniform - scarred forever) but i've been a bit taken by some of the deep midnight blues around lately. I might have to brave like you and give it a go!
Can't wait to see your finished goodies!

CatBookMom said...

Lovely shade of blue and lovely lace design. I'm looking forward to seeing FB when you're done blocking.

mary said...

Can't wait to see FBS! Are you going to try swallowtail? I might want to do it with you, if so. I'm liking how Fountain Lace is knitting up. Simple and pretty... my kind of lace.

Anonymous said...

Oh... this is going to be absolutely beautiful! What a great pattern and hey, I for one adore this shade of blue! And wow, yay for finishing FB - can't wait to see it!