Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Secrets

Barbara tagged me for the '5 Secrets' meme, and I gotta admit this one is tough. Mainly because I have very few, and those few are, well, secret. Hey, I could run for president one day, you know?

1. Tom was the first guy with a ponytail I ever dated. And this is the secret part - At first I couldn't believe I'd go out with a quasi-hippy who listened to 70s horn bands. Go figure, because here we are 14 years later....
2. Tom and I were married in Vegas six years ago. At the Graceland Chapel. An Elvis impersonator performed.
3. Neil Diamond is a total guilty pleasure. Usually he and I get together in the car, where I can sing along to Sweet Caroline and Cherry, Cherry at the top of my lungs. And that scene in Pulp Fiction with Uma dancing to Urge Overkill's version of Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon is sheer brilliance.
4. If I could live anywhere, I'd live in Scotland.
5. Okay, I'll end with something semi-naughty. In the fireman/motorcycle cop/UPS guy scenario, I'll pick the motorcycle cop every time. I think it's the shiny boots.

No tags, but if you feel like baring your soul or chiming in on #5, go for it.

7 comments:

CatBookMom said...

Motorcycle cop, hmmm? Don't know that I'd choose any of the above.

DH and I got married in LV too, though not at Graceland Chapel. Our officiant was a nice, sensible, pretty woman whose night job was as a C&W singer, and she had the Big Haiah to prove it.

jayne said...

Hi Madge,

I've seen you post on CBM's site lots of times and have wanted to come check out your blog.

Your flower basket shawl is divine! Bet your mom will love it.

I admired your superbowl sale yarn, esp. all the greens. Mmmmm...I'm a harlot for those greens.

As for question #5: Fireman, oh yeah!

mary said...

Barry Manilow is my Neil Diamond, but I have to agree with you about the Pulp Fiction Uma song thing. That was rockin'. Can I live with you in Scotland? I was in Edinburgh on my honeymoon and loved it. Just last week at the lys, I was chatting with a woman from Scotland; she was simply lovely. And Fireman, but only recently with Jillian's description of her firefighter neighbors. tee hee

Anonymous said...

Oh, I *so* enjoyed reading through your secrets - and I'm so with you and the motorcycle cop - yummy! And hey - yay for men with ponytails! ;)

Anonymous said...

Um..secrets? I don't have any secrets!
(Think I'll skip this one....)

Jenn said...

oh drool... I am so with you. Motorcycle cop.... mmmm.... it's the boots, the leather jacket, the jodhpurs, the bike...

RoxyK said...

Funnily enough we were booked to be married in Vegas with Elvis at the Little White Chapel I think it was. Change of plans though and we ended up getting married on a beach in Antigua with just the 2 of us. It was perfect and the pics amazing ;)