Thursday, February 01, 2007

Ain't Love Grand

Last night turned into a dpn lovefest. And I've got the little arms and little legs to prove it.

Mr. Square is very happy he shall soon be limbed. He's being blocked as I type, and next up is a trip to the craft store to find a pillow form for his body. Now, you know how I am about finishing stuff, but I plan on sewing him up pronto. Really. Because, well, I'm kinda tired of his nagging.

And thanks for all the encouragement. You were right; it just took some practice. Around midnight, I realized my hands had memorized what they needed to do, and I was zipping along as I watched a stinky episode of Bones recorded earlier in the evening. It was one of those satisfying knitting epiphany moments, and hopefully signals good things to come with the double points.


Like these wrist warmers. Gotta keep the dpn love flowing.

8 comments:

Lady Misty Morn said...

I knew you could do it! Keep the faith, you'll be a finisher in no time.

mehitabel said...

Yay for Mr. Square! He'll be feeling the love in no time, once he has arms and legs to feel with. And those wrist warmers are coming right along, too. Cheers for the newest dpn convert!!

mary said...

Mr. Square is rolling right along. Yuck yuck... I crack myself up! At first, I thought those were 4 sets of wee willy warmers. Again, I crack myself up. Too bad it's just myself. I'm glad you're one with the dpns, or is it you're four or five with the dpns?

Anonymous said...

i'm sending you lots of good dpn vibes. pretty soon, it'll feel weird to not knit with them, i promise!

Anonymous said...

See? I told ya! ;))) I knew you could do it, and mind you, I *so* can't wait to see Mr. Square in all his glory! And the wristwarmers you're about to do, awww, they look fantastic, warm, cozy, soft = perfect!

jillian said...

Yay for you!! I tried to leave a comment yesterday, but darned blogger was on the fritz. If you ever want to learn how to do magic loop - bwhaaaa haaa!

Anonymous said...

Score! Nice work Madge! Glad to see the dpns aren't giving you any more trouble. Those wrist warmers look really good and I am so very curious about Mr. Square's final appearance. Can't wait to see what he looks like completed.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, is that the yarn and pattern from La Petite Knitterie? Congrats on the DPN success!