Thursday, February 15, 2007

Vacation

Ever since this arrived in the mail....

...I've been giddy. Yep, I'm going to Stitches West. It's my first "knitting expo," and I'll be hitting it full force with several friends. Can't wait for the fun to begin!

An added bonus is that beforehand Tom and I will be spending several days in San Francisco. It's been ten years since I've returned to our old stomping group. I'm looking forward to visiting some of our haunts - the Mission for Pancho Villa burritos, North Beach for City Lights, Chinatown for Li Po's and the Far East Cafe. We're currently discussing whether or not we're up for a rum infused dose of tiki - can we hit the fabulous Tonga Room, the divey Trad'r Sam's and the original Trader Vic's without passing out in a gutter somewhere? I'm hopeful, as I love all of these Polynesian places. I'm also hoping to squeeze in a trip to Artfibers before heading down to Santa Clara and spending my retirement fund at the Stitches Market.

So, we leave this weekend. I'll be away from the blog until the 26th. See you then!

13 comments:

CatBookMom said...

I'm going to want a complete update on Artyarns; there's a chance I might meet some online friends in SF in early June, and Artyarns is top of the sightseeing list.

From my visit to Stitches last year, I highly recommend that you take something you can knit while chatting and in poor lighting. Like a bar, just in case someone drags you into one, lol! I foolishly tried knitting socks in a darkish color and after I got home I wound up frogging everything I did for 3 days.

Lyndsey-Jane said...

have a fantastic time!

mary said...

Have a great time in SF!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great and delicious trip!

cher said...

Me too! This will be my 1st time. A couple of girls from my Chicks with Sticks group and I will be taking the Stitch n' Ride train on Saturday. Do you get to go all 3 days? I can't wait to see what they have! Have a good time in the city.

Annette said...

Have fun in San Fran! I can't wait to hear about Artyarns. I hear it's fabulous. See ya next week!

Ellen Bloom said...

Nice idea...visiting SF before Stitches West. For sure, you must imbibe in tikidom, then head over to Art Fiber...it's faboo!

See you at SW!

Anonymous said...

Awww, how great! Can I come over and join you? ;) I'd *so* love to go to San Francisco one day, what an awesome city this must be - and then Stitches West, wow! You're the lucky one, that's for sure! Do have a wonderful time, and hey, don't forget to do many, many pics to share with us! ;)

jayne said...

Oh...bet you're having fun fun fun, even as I speak. Lucky you. I love San Fransisco too. Been a long time...

BrownPants said...

Have fun (i'm so freaking jealous)

Anonymous said...

Your Mom is one lucky woman.
Your SF trip sounds just too, too terrific. I hope everything meets your expectations. I think a tiki themed SF trip should be in my future, too.

Fumblefingers

RoxyK said...

Wow, lucky you! Aren't Blue Moon there???

I am SOOOO excited at getting my 1st package I could burst. Not long now ;)

Ellen Bloom said...

Madge!

It was so great meeting you and the rest of the "eastside" LA-SnB contingent! I know that you shopped 'til you dropped (so did I).

Hope to see you once we get back to our great CITY!

L.A. Ell