Monday, February 26, 2007

The Getaway

With a tip o' the hat to the Oscars, here are some highlights from our jaunt to San Francisco. Lots of tourist action and not much knitting, though I did make it to Artfibers and scored some of their awesome Kyoto (see below). It was a great trip!

Best View - the one from Twin Peaks at night

Best Building - de Young Museum

Best Bookstore - City Lights
Best Book - San Francisco Noir by Nathaniel Rich
Best Buddha - Japanese Tea Garden in Golden Gate Park

Best Cocktail - Toasted Almond at Trad'r Sam's
Best Burrito - Pancho Villa

Best Yarn - Artfibers

Here's the Kyoto. It's even more vibrant in person. I would've bought a bunch more of it, but was holding out for Stitches.

Speaking of, I'll be posting about it as soon as I round up all the stray skeins from the car trunk. Because people? The yarn, it was a-flowin' freely. And I partook.

6 comments:

mary said...

SF looks like it was wonderful and you had some perfect weather. Kyoto... can't wait to fondle.

jillian said...

Wonderful pictures! Now I really, really want to get up there!

And Artfiberssssssss. Yum. Yes, the yarn was freely flowin, that's for sure!

Anonymous said...

I stayed in a hotel right across the street from Artfibers after leaving Stitches on Friday night, I was afraid to go in because of all the yarn I purchased at Stitches. I tried to tell myself it was probably not worth going in, but now I am sad!

jayne said...

Fun! Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. I am envious but glad to enjoy vicariously through you. The Kyoto is terrific (drooling over those greens). Now what is it, exactly?

And more -- I want to see ALL the yarn. The yarn was flowing freely, eh? So you fell off the wagon big time then? A yarn bender, so to speak. :)

By the way, Tag! This is a quick one. See my blog for details.

Ellen Bloom said...

Ooooo...Madge! You were holding out on us! Why didn't we get to see the Kyoto until now!!! It looks gorgeous. Now, I need to touch and smell it. Ha!

So great getting together with you and the goils at SW. Your husband is quite cute, too!

Hope to see you sometime at our WeHo SnB...we meet Sat. 2/10 from 10am to noon at the Farmers Market, 3rd and Fairfax! Bring your new yarn if you come!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, great! This seems to have been the perfect trip indeed - I think SF rocks big time, doesn't it? Thanks so much for sharing these amazing pics!