Monday, April 09, 2007

Distractions

There's been not a whit of knitting done in almost a week. Instead, there's been a wedding (Tom's niece), a birthday (mine) and a whole lot of spring fever keeping me occupied. The wedding was lovely, my birthday mellow and the spring fever relentless. I can't seem to focus on anything for more than two seconds, and am spending inordinate amounts of time sitting in the sun petting the cats and watching the bees bliss out on the sage blossoms.

Then, adding to my knitter's ADD, Tom's birthday present to me was this shiny new toy. I love it to death. And, in between garden bouts with the cats and the bees, I'm uploading (downloading? I'm so low-fi I can't even be computer nerdy with the lingo.) my tunes into it. Also, DVDs. I'm psyched; now I can take Sam and Dean with me wherever I go. (Someday I'll stop with the Supernatural babble, but that day hasn't come yet.)

Socklet update: Tomorrow we revisit turning the heel on socklet #2. Yee haw. Barbara is the bestest teacher in the world, and has been totally generous with her time and knowledge. Also her yarn. For inspiration she's given me this great tiger-striped Esprit sock yarn.

A shout out to Carson, too, for her knitty heel turnin' advice. Thanks, chica!

That's it for now...my lawn chair beckons.

16 comments:

Carson said...

I'm so glad you found the knitty tute as helpful as I did.
Sage flowers? Heaven.
Down By Law? On my Top 5
(think I've watched it...oh...about 12 times at least? )

Carson said...

PS
der! happy belated birthday!

Anonymous said...

sounds like a wonderful none knitting week. nice new toy, it can be either uploading or downloading, all depends on who you talk to. IMHO uploading to your iPod, according to DH you're downloading LOL!

I knew you could knit socks!

Happy belated btw

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday to you - all the very, very best!
Your new toy is an awesome one, I'm sure you're going to enjoy it big time - okay, you already do ;)
I feel like you lately with all this spring beauty around, all I can do is watch, watch, watch - everything slowly springing to life again, it's just awesome, isn't it? Enjoy!

CatBookMom said...

I'm blushing... OK, tomorrow you can show me how to use my iPod; it's been languishing a couple of um, ah, months???

mehitabel said...

Nifty iPod--welcome to the wired world! I love mine (both of them) although my playlist is just a tad different from yours! Happy b'day, too!

Ellen Bloom said...

Happy B-Day Madge!! Congrads on the new iPod. I must admit that I'm severly low-tech...I still listen to casettes, 45's and LPs! Oy!

LOVE that new tiger sock yarn!

Olga said...

Hey you, HAPPY FREAKING BIRTHDAY!
Us April babes need to watch each other's back! Thanks for being in my little contest, I still so want that book!heh. But I think you did good with the new toy.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday!

knitnzu said...

My husband got one of those toys for xmas or his jan bd, he is a total addict!

Anonymous said...

Your birthday?? I missed your birthday?? I AM SO SORRY!! Happy Belated, my friend! I hope it was a good one even if it was mellow. Heck, you have blooms and sunshine so it's already sounding pretty good. :)
All the best babe! Rock on!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! What a fabulous present! And don't worry, it's not just you w/ the up-vs.-downloading thing. ;)

Annette said...

I haven't been knitting much this past week either. Congrats on your new Ipod and happy birthday again! We'll have to try to find some time for knitting in the garden.

LotusKnits said...

Happy belated! And yay for iPods! I love my little shuffle. Hope you enjoy yours too!!

jayne said...

Ooh! Happy Belated!

I love my iPod, even though it's just a baby one. I have the original shuffle, but I use it all the time. They just keep getting better and better.

Have fun, and please show CBM how to use hers. She's had it for like ever!

Becka said...

Belated Happy Birthday! Nice Ipod! My hubby loves them, but I just can't figure out a reason to get one for me....I think I'll get yarn instead, LOL!