Monday, April 30, 2007

Fiendish Find of the Week

One of the things I love about reading other people's blogs is the inspiration it provides. The photos of the yarns (and fabrics, buttons, stamps, etc., etc.) you're using, the patterns you're making and the creative process you use going from raw materials to finished objects delight, thrill and spur me on a daily basis. I'm inquisitive, especially when it comes to being crafty, and I figure that lots of you, are, too. Thus, I'd like to incorporate a Fiendish Find post each week. It'll highlight some of the fun people, websites and materials I've discovered, and hopefully it'll contain stuff you'd like to find out about, too.

This week I have two similar colored skeins of yarn that have recently found their way into my stash. The first comes courtesy of Patty. Last Thursday we were discussing yarn, and she told me of this great colorway she had recently ordered from Gardiner Yarn Works. Well. Knowing her judgment to be good, I popped over to take a look. And lo, would you know that I was smitten, too, for these colors are so my colors.

This is the Gardiner Yarn Works colorway in custom dyed Mama E's C*eye*ber Fiber Sock. The yarn comes as part of a kit, which includes a choice of two available patterns. I ordered it with the Autumn in Oregon sock pattern, and the yarn and pattern came bundled in a sturdy plastic bag that is large enough to double as a project bag as you make your socks. I placed my order on the 27th (via PayPal), and it arrived today. Smokin' fast delivery + excellent customer service = 100% happy.

Another recent addition to the stash is this skein of sKNITches Syncopation self-striping sock yarn in the Dayspa colorway. I ordered this a few months ago from the Loopy Ewe. You may also order from the sKNITches website, but I have yet to visit and find anything in stock. Maybe knowing a little Enochian magic may help you hunt down a skein or two? Dunno, but the yarn is cushy and the dye job beautiful, making the effort of finding some definitely worthwhile. Plus, self striping is fun.

That's it for this time. Craft on!

10 comments:

BrownPants said...

Oooh that yarn looks yummy!!

mehitabel said...

Tempting, tempting! But I shall resist. There may be some French yarns waiting for me on the other side of the pond, and I'd hate to have spent my last yarn-pennies here! (Besides, they may have some left when I get back... assuming I bring any money back with me!)

Annette said...

Ooooooh. I definitely want some of that Gardiner Yarn Works colorway. I love those colors. Thanks for the link. I also might search for the Snitches Dayspa yarn. So pretty!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, this yarn looks... just divine! Such beautiful colorways - how could anyone resist? ;)

jillian said...

What a great idea! I look forward to future fiendish finds, friend.

Liz K. said...

Damn you and your fiendishly tempting ways!

CatBookMom said...

Great new yarns and patterns. Having bought a LOT of sock yarn in April, I'm going to be very, very good in May; at least, that's the plan.

Anonymous said...

Oh, you are bad, bad, bad......now I gotta get me some of that Gardiner Yarn Works stuff. I have a feeling your fiendish finds is going to get me into fiendish trouble

Anonymous said...

That yarn is so pretty- and I love the idea of the Fiendish Find!

jayne said...

You're definitely hitting all my favorite colour buttons with those two yarns.