Sunday, April 15, 2007

Hanging with WeHo

Yesterday Marie, Jillian and I blew the 'burbs and headed into LA to knit with Ellen, MJ and the rest of the Saturday West Hollywood SnB knitteristas.

Couldn't ask for nicer people with whom to stitch. Here's Ellen in welcome mode.

Look at all these smiling, friendly faces!


There was yummy food...

...and even a little bit of knitting. (I managed to knit six rows of my CPH.) But mostly there was visiting.

Here are Marie and Zoe (sadly blogless). We met Zoe a few weeks ago at La's ASKnitters get-together, and it was great fun to see her again so soon.

After the group broke up, we shopped a bit at the Farmer's Market, and then...we headed to Black Sheep Knittery. Their sale is still going on, and since we were nearby we couldn't resist. While there we ran into Ellen and MJ again! Even caught a glimpse of Ellen's fabulous crochetmobile.

The WeHo SnB meets weekly on Thursday nights at 7 pm, and once a month - on the second Saturday from 10-noon - at the Farmers Market.

Oh, and for those wondering how much I spent at Black Sheep (and weren't there yesterday), leave your guess in the comments by 9 pm PST Tuesday the 17th. Then there will be a rigorous tallying of answers, and I'll send the person whose guess is the closest a goodie.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the link to the shop --- lots of temptation there! The site is giving a 20% discount for a purchase >$200, so maybe they're offering the same in store??? Anyway, based on that I'll say you spent $180 (actually spent $200 but got the discount, lucky you!)

jillian said...

Ah...what a great day!

mary said...

Looks like it was a blast. Did you spend zero dollars yesterday at Black Sheep?

CatBookMom said...

$47.98 SWAG number. Sounds like you had a great time!! Sorry I couldn't join the fun; maybe next time.

mehitabel said...

It was a fun fun day. Hmmm. J and I never did compare notes on who bought the most... not that it matters. I love my red yarn (and the little yellow one too!) and I'm looking forward to a nice long winding party to get it all ready to knit up!! My biggest challenge now is going to be STAYING AWAY FROM THERE till the sale is over!!

mj said...

Great to meet you!! And thanks for staying to meet Brit. I hope we can get together one of these days.

LotusKnits said...

Hmm. I'm going to guess $65.00.

Just enough for a sweater...depending on the yarn, of course.

Anonymous said...

Oh - what a nice and fun time it seems you girls had together, how great!

Annette said...

Hmmm. I'll guess 32.00. Wish I had been there. Looks like a fun day! Do they have a lot of inventory still. I keep resisting, but my resolve is weakening!

Ellen Bloom said...

I was there when you were buying the yarn, but I didn't get a glimpse of the invoice. Hmmmm? Maybe $75.82? I spent another $100 or so! Oy!

It was a fun day. Thanks for sharing the photos! I hope ALLLLL of the San Gabriel Valley contingent visits us again!

Olga said...

I'm guessing you dropped $54.89 at the yarn shop.And I'm also guessing you wanted very much to spend more but had to pay the electric bill and that curbed your enthusiasm.

Anonymous said...

Oy vey! Blast that sale already! Clearly they're just waiting for me to cave!

Anonymous said...

OK, I seriously have to move to LA. Your SnB ROCKS!!