Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A Whole Lot of the Same

Chalk up another thoroughly pedestrian week for yours truly. I'm beginning to think I should get a fetish website (Mistress Madge's School for Naughty Boys) up and running on the side, so at least I'd have some interesting stories for ya.

I've picked up my sister's Flower Basket again. I'm lingering over this project because the Koigu is such a joy to knit. (I prolong reading books I really enjoy, too. First did this with Watership Down when I was a young sprout, and continue to this day. Just don't want them to end.) I'm on the second repeat, and enjoying knitting this pattern as much the second time as I did the first.

Did I mention that the socklet is ready for its toe?

It also fits my foot. (I was aiming for kid size, hence the -let in its name. Just more proof that math and I shall never ever be more than acquaintances.) Which is totally cool. Because it fits. My foot. Yeah.

Not a lot of CPH action. Still plugging away on the right front. Yesterday I discovered a honkin' hole by one of my cable turns and had to rip back ten rows to fix it. So far I've ripped back more on this sweater than any other project I've ever made. Kinda weird considering how easy the pattern is.

What else have I been doing? Well, I went to the Black Sheep Knittery sale again (I know, I know, it's become a joke) with Annette, who hadn't been before. We had lots of fun poking around, and I broke my I'vealreadybeenthreetimesanddon'tneedtobuyanymoreyarn fast for some smokin' Alchemy Bamboo in Scarlett's Dark Secret. This was one of those covetous yarn purchases that makes no sense on any level except a deeply, darkly venal one. Marvelous. I also picked up three balls of Noro Kureyon in shade 51, a greys/chocolate/burgundy mix, which shall someday probably become a felted bag.

I've read an exceedingly clever book titled Good Omens. Written by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, it's about good, evil and everything in between. Thank you, Marie, for lending me your copy. I also blazed through No Dominion, Charlie Huston's second Joe Pitt vampire novel. Much better than the first in the series, it's also a novel about good and evil, though definitely on the darker side. Next up is What's So Funny?, the latest crime caper by Donald E. Westlake featuring his hapless thief Dortmunder.

See? Pedestrian. But good. Because guess what the mailman just left me? Tune in tomorrow to find out.

Happy knitting!

13 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

I simply cannot believe that you went to the Black Sheep sale AGAIN! Thank goodness I'll be out of town this weekend, or I'd rush right over there too. The Alchemy yarn is really gorgeous.

You've just got to quit all this reading! It's getting in the way of your CPH knitting progress!!!

jayne said...

I don't know if I can take any more Black Sheep Knittery. Agggghhhhhhh!!!!!

Okay, I'll console myself with that other cool yarn heads-up.

Watership Down is one of my most favoritest books EVER. I've read it at least three times.

I've been up to my ass in etsy. Feeling...Tharn. :)

Carrie said...

I've reknit several sections of my CPH more times than I care to count by now. I'm on the right front as well. What's up with that??

Oh and I lurve Terry Prachett! Excellent choice :)

mary said...

Consider your trips to Black Sheep for me, since I've never been. See? That makes it okay then. That Alchemy Bamboo is drop-dead gorgeous. I hope my keyboard doesn't short from my drool. FBS is turning out great, and I keep saying one of these days. Is that Lucky or Lucky 2?

mehitabel said...

Oh no. I love that Alchemy yarn! The color... please tell me you bought it all, so I don't have to go back. Please?? I'm glad you liked Good Omens--it's one of my faves! My CPH has been languishing since my brain has been fried by the last couple of weeks--but I'm going to pick it up again. Yup, I am. Honest.

BrownPants said...

Oh that Bamboo looks divine!
I remember reading good omens when I was at school. Very, very funny from memory :)

Carson said...

c'mon little sock, you can do it.
is that Alchemy nestling in a bed of silver thyme? I like how you blend yarn & horticulture.
ps thanks for your Scoutie get-well-soon wishes

LotusKnits said...

Wow that yarn is to die for! Yum!! And your sock is almost done...yay!! I really hope you like knitting socks, they're so much fun to me, even though I don't do it often enough.

I <3 Neil Gaiman so much. Pick up American Gods if you haven't yet.

Annette said...

Thanks for being my accomplice at Black Sheep. I had a great time! That Alchemy is to-die-for. I'm glad you didn't pass it up. The Flower Basket Shawl is bringing up lacey memories of all the gorgeous patterns in the Victorian Lace Today book that I want to cast on for. Today might be the day for it.

jillian said...

Again??????????

Anonymous said...

Ha! Caught ya! Knitting a shawl huh? In Koigu, no less. Weee! I am so into lace right now too! I've never done it before, so I guess that makes me a lacey virgin. Even bought a beautiful book tonight called Victorian Lace Today by Jane Sowerby...seriously dude...it's a MUST HAVE!! Hee hee! Okay, off to work on Charlotte!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I forgot...that Alchemy you bought? Um...can we say DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!?!?! Nice addition babe!

RoxyK said...

Ooh - that Alchemy Bamboo is truly irrestible.....it's calling out to me already ;)