Tuesday, May 22, 2007

ASKnitters Afternoon Social

This past Sunday I hosted a party for friends and fellow members of ASK. ASK - which stands for Anti-Social Knitters - is a loosely organized group of Southern California knitters/bloggers. Formed by La and Wen, the group meets monthly at different locales. Each month's event is hosted by a different member, and May was my month to hostess.

Now, I'd only been to one other meeting in March at La's house, so I was a little nervous if I was up to ASK snuff. I shouldn't have worried, though, because there was oodles of knitting and crocheting going on, and lots of great conversation and laughter. Tom bbq'd for all of us, and Jillian bartendered, and everyone brought scrumptious fare for our potluck lunch. And. Well. I just hope everyone else had as much fun as I did.

Zoe, Beth, Barbara, Ellen

Andria and Wen, with Mary lurking in the back

Jillian, Teresa, Mary, Andria, Wen

Ellen, MJ, Carol and Laura

What a feast!

Ellen brought me a fabulous hand crocheted coaster set. Doesn't it go perfectly with our decor? (Okay, this stand alone photo makes them look kinda Christmasy, but it totally does.)

And Barbara brought these lovely roses from her garden. They smell divine.

I can't wait until our June get together!

11 comments:

jillian said...

Tons of fun, yesiree!

mary said...

It was a load of fun. Thanks for hosting and inviting me! :)

Ellen Bloom said...

I'm honored to be part of the group! You are the perfect hostess!

Olga said...

Just livin the ol'La Vida Loca there, ain't yah! I'm green with envy. I wish I could come over and play too!

LotusKnits said...

Aw! That looks like so much fun!!

Anonymous said...

sounds like fun!

i love your fab vintage stuff, especially the pottery.

Annette said...

Looks like I missed out on lots of fun! Just like I suspected. Maybe I'll be able to go to one over the summer. You're a great hostess with the mostest! Heehee

Anonymous said...

so sad I missed it. I'll catch you in Jun!

Anonymous said...

Looks like I missed out on quite the spread!

Gretchen said...

Hey Miss Madge,

What a wacky, crafty, tiny cyberspace world - I was checking out my friend Ellen's blog and read about Madge and Tom!! I know you. My husband and I enjoy the sexy soft light of that fabulous lamp! I have recently been called to crochet. Let's be in touch - g.spence@earthlink.net

Gretchen

mehitabel said...

Now I'm REALLY sorry I missed it--and there I was, just walking my little legs off in France! Really looking forward to the June get-together. Hey--does Tom do rain-checks on BBQ? Just askin'...