Monday, May 07, 2007

Catching Up

The Santa Ana winds blew into town a few days ago, and I immediately succumbed to a sinus infection. Feeling crummy, I resorted to comfort knitting all weekend long; I knit up my May Yarn of the Month swatches, and yesterday I feverishly knit on my sister's Flower Basket shawl.

Flower Basket is coming along swimmingly. After knitting on CPH, the Koigu is wonderfully oh so soft sliding through my fingers. Aaahhh. I'm planning on doing eight repeats, and am currently in the middle of the sixth, as you can see from my handy dandy chart keeper. Tom bought it for me for Yule, and it's been in use from the moment I unwrapped it. Definitely on my top 1o tools of the trade list.

And notice the pretty brooch on my bag? It's a handmade lovely from Kristie. Doesn't it look smashing on my Baddanna bag?

As for CPH, well. Here she is.

Sitting at the bottom of her bag, enjoying a little rest. Not a stitch knit since the last time I posted about my sleeves. I don't feel so bad, though; at least I haven't been in the Bermuda Triangle of rippage where Marie was over the weekend. My heart goes out to ya, M.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well - hope you're doing a lot better by now! What a lovely brooch this is, and wow, your shawl is coming along so beautifully! Yay for a bit of comfort knitting!

Anonymous said...

MEOW!! That red Koigu is on FIRE!! How do you like that Knit Picks chart holder? (that is what I spy there right? I have another brand that isn't as nice and was thinking about upgrading.

Annette said...

Bummer - I hope your sinus infection is short lived and you're already feeling better. :) Wow, you're almost done with the flower basket shawl. It looks purdy! I definitely want to get one of those chart holders. Get back to CPH! You can gain a lead on the two Maries and win if one had to rip back and the other is packing for her trip. Knit, knit, knit!

mary said...

FBS is looking very ruby, and CPH is looking appropriately chastised balled up in the bottom of the bag. Santa Anas suck, make me crabby,and that's all there is to say. Hope you feel better.

Anonymous said...

I bought some Koigu at the Black Sheep sale, and I can't wait to make something with it. I am totally in love with it. I've never heard of The Yarn of the Month, so I joined (because I'm too cheap to buy yarn that I am not familiar with).

Those Santa Anas are nobody's friend. Ick.

jillian said...

Ouch - hope the the sinus ickiness passed with the Santa Ana's!

Your stole is looking lovely - and I know it's even prettier in person :) Your knitting finger needed a rest with yummy soft Koiguuuuuuu.

Anonymous said...

Those pesky Santa Anas wreak havoc on my sinuses as well, so I feel your pain. Hope you feel better soon!

Johns Creek Pool Services said...

Great post, thanks for sharing it