Saturday, May 19, 2007

Randomness

Zounds! For the love of zombies, I've been tagged by Meredith.

"Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs 7 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and need to read your blog. The facts:"

1. I'm a huge fan of hard boiled mysteries and crime fiction. My favorite author at the moment is Bill James, a UK author who writes a series around two policemen named Colin Harpur and Desmond Iles. The opening scene of his novel Panicking Ralph has to be one of the most darkly comic scenes I've ever had the good fortune to read.

2. I love to bake Christmas cookies. I like to try new ones, but most years I bake favorites which include Peppermint Pinwheels and Spritz from family recipes; Chocolate Crinkles, Molasses and Mary's Sugar Cookies from Betty Crocker's Cooky Book; and Amaretto Butter and Coconut Cranberry Chews from Sunset Magazine.

3. I love Catholic saints. Especially female ones. I read their biographies/herstories, and am partial to the Catherines, the Teresas and Ursula with her 10,000+ virgins.

4. If I had to pick just one color to wear, it would be black.

5. I've lived on four continents: North America, Europe, Asia and Africa.

6. I have one tattoo. I got it in my mid-20s. I've always wanted more.

7. When Tom and I were courting, he impressed me with his knowledge of Sergio and Brasil 66, and I impressed him with my knowledge of friction versus anti-friction bearings.

Today's a tag free zone, but if you're feeling random, you've got my blessing. And probably St. Ursula's, too.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Then you will love my collection of religious action figures when you come to my house...I rescue dashboard saints from thrift and antiques stores.

Carson said...

Poop I was gonna tag ya, but now it's too late :(
I'm totally with you on your #4, and love your #7.

Anonymous said...

One tattoo.......do tell. what is it of and where? I have one too, and have been dying to get another....maybe a flaming ball of yarn..hehe

Faith said...

These are great facts! I second the request for more tattoo info!

Liz K. said...

I went to 12 years of Catholic school, so I know some saints. My favorite was Saint Rose of Lima, the Girl who Laughed at Satan.

I also have a collection of inappropriate religious ephemera, including a Pope John Paul II beer bottle opener, aka, The Popener.

Anonymous said...

Yay- another Christmas cookie baker! I have one standard that I always bake, and then I rotate in a couple other varieties, too. Uh-oh, hungry for cookies now!

PS: So sorry I couldn't make it yesterday. Next time! :)

Olga said...

Ever see the movie'Millions'? That'll give your 'saint' cravings a rub.and the word verification for me is' i vd n sin.' No lie!

jayne said...

I am definitely going to get a tat, just not sure when.

I got tagged for this, but I'm in a meme moratorium right now.

Yours are fun.