Thursday, January 18, 2007

Pants on Fire

One of the great things about this blog is that it keeps me motivated on a project. If I'm working on something I like, writing about it here provides impetus, focus and joy. And a kind of Zen kick in the pants sometimes.

Like the kind that happened over the past 48 hours. Check it out. The finished Superchunk.

It's really a revelation that I can finish a sweater - even a super bulky kid's sweater - in two days. Honestly, given my track record - oh, a mere nine months to finish the last sweater I knit - it wasn't looking good for my niece receiving this garment anytime soon. (Oh, I had high hopes of finishing it in time for Christmas...and we seen what happened to those pie in the sky dreams, don't we?) But then I wrote my last post. And guess what? Those ends? Woven in. That collar? Done.

Those button bands? Done.

These cute buttons? Sewn on. In two days. People, I need to write a poem, this is so epic. Or maybe a koan is more appropriate in this instance?

Pattern: Cardigan on page 74 of The Yarn Girls' Guide to Knits for Older Kids (size 6-7)
Yarn: Tahki Baby - 5 balls color 48 (hot pink), 2 balls color 20 (red)
Needle: Knit Picks Options US 13 and 15
Mods: None
Rating: Right up there

I'm really pleased with how this one turned out. Good written directions, gauge that was spot on (yes!), fun colored yarn, and buttons that match well - all around a good knittin' experience.

I have other knitting news, too, but it will have to wait for now. Don't want to lose my momentum, so I'm off to give this pink delight its Eucalan bath.

10 comments:

jillian said...

Wow. You need a new pair of pants! So cute!

Lady Misty Morn said...

Adorable! Take that momentum and run with it1

Carson said...

2 days?!
Looks like a 'satisfaction is guaranteed' knit

Anonymous said...

Woohoo - great job!

mary said...

Truly a beauty! Congrats on a job well done. Can you see yourself doing 5 more of these this year?

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO! It's incredible and I adore those buttons. Congrats on finishing so beautifully and so FAST! I'll have to check that pattern out next.
Yay you!!

Annette said...

Super cute!! I LOVE those buttons! They're perfect. You did a great job. Be proud! :)

mehitabel said...

Wonderful!! It's such a trip to finish something, isn't it?? And the buttons are perfect. Yippee! Hmmm... now, we just need to wonder what the new knitting news is.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how absolutely beautiful this is, what a great job you did! I adore the colours, and the buttons are so super cute!

Anonymous said...

The Boo is going to love this...and since winter weather just hit your timing is excellent.