Monday, January 15, 2007

Pretty Shell Blanket


Pattern: Pretty Shell taken from a 1987 booklet titled Precious Baby Blankets to Knit and Crochet
Yarn: Katia Mississippi 3 Print in colorway 200
Hook: Addi metal hook 3.5 mm
Mods: Made it smaller - final dimensions roughly 32" x 36"
Rating: A favorite mainstay (I've made five of these over the last few years for friends and family)

The blanket, it is done! A marathon crochet session occurred on Saturday, and by that evening the scalloped edging was on and the ends were sewn in. Now it just needs a wash/dry, and then it'll be off to keep my friend's new baby cozy and warm.

5 comments:

jillian said...

A lovely baby gift! Your friends will love it :)

mehitabel said...

Wonderful!! A Finished Project already this year--a nice way to start out!

mary said...

It's so sweet! Huzzah... an FO! What's next, flower basket shawl?

Anonymous said...

it's so cute. it looks like the kind of blankie a kid will pack around with them for years...maybe even take to college with them :)

Annette said...

Very pretty! Some day I'll have you teach me how to crochet. I've done a little bit, but I always need to be retaught.