Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Project Spectrum

Blogger has been acting weird for days, but it finally allowed me to rollover to the new version today. Whew. Now I just have to figure out how to upload button images to the sidebar, and everything will be copacetic.

See, a few days ago I signed up for Project Spectrum.

I want to commemorate the event. But while I know the difference between a double and a treble crochet, I'm remedial with computer code stuff. The process is eluding me. Anyone have any pointers? If anyone can tell me how to do it, I'd be grateful indeed. (Hint: I'd send yarn.)

Back to Project Spectrum. I missed out last year - found out about it too late - and am very glad Lolly is hosting round two. And, in some weird synchronous way, I even have the perfect project for the February/March round of colors (blue, white, grey). Weird because I never knit with blue and white. Thinking about it, I realized the only time I've ever knit with these colors has been when I'm using variegated yarns; usually this means I'm knitting a baby gift. Synchronous because right after Christmas I bought a Bea Ellis headband kit in those exact colors. I want to learn how to Fair Isle, and this is the project I'm using to do just that. (Thanks, Sknitty, for the recommendation.)


Pretty darn perfect, eh? I'm taking it as a sign of good things to come with this knit/art-along. Also good is that my buddies Mary, Annette and Laura have joined, too. It'll be fun coloring with them. (Laura is sadly blogless, but may make guest appearances at Knitdevil. She's a righteous artist.) And to sweeten things even more, Mama E has a Project Spectrum Sock Club. Which I joined yesterday. Because, well, what isn't better with yarn?

7 comments:

Lyndsey-Jane said...

there is a great kal for those wanting to do some fair isle
http://strandedcolorwork.blogspot.com/ may be worth a look!

jillian said...

When I get home I will happily email you the html code for posting the button - at least as it works in typepad. I host the image on typepad's server as part of my subscription fee and then it provides a link that I embed in the code. I don't know how bloglines handles this.

And SO COOL that you got a BE kit. I hope you enjoy it!

Lady Misty Morn said...

Sent you and email with instructions on how to add a pic to your side bar in the new blogger without having to do any coding.

mary said...

Cannot wait to see the bea ellis headband and sock yarn club! We will conquer those *(&!@# buttons yet!

mehitabel said...

Bea Ellis sent me enough neon green Falk to finish Pea Pod (which BTW is still too big for the Grandcarrot, whew!) and some Dale books I wanted. Some year I may actually knit one of those sweaters! Adorable puss-puss, too. Is that Maggie-the-Cat?? And I. Will. Not. Join. Another. Sock. thing. Must. Not. Join...

Annette said...

I need tips on posting buttons too! I've tried and tried to no avail. So if you figure it out - HELP!

Very cool Bea Ellis kit! Can't wait to see the FO! :)

Anonymous said...

Awww, this blue and white yarn is so gorgeous, just perfect for the pattern it seems - and perfect for your lil' furry one too!