Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Revolutions

1. No doubt about it, the French Revolution had it going on. Starving peasants, dead guys in bathtubs, royal dimwits, cute red hats, plus a whole lot of economic and political stuff that's kinda boring - what more could you ask for? And don't forget those bloodthirsty madamoiselles knitting at the guillotine.

2. Dada. Let's hear it for those wacky guys at Cabaret Voltaire. The movement was small in number, but it sure influenced modern art in a big way.

3. Punk rock. Enough with the disco. Let's have a riot of our own.


Happy 2007.

4 comments:

mary said...

Da-yum. You are so smart that you scare me. Me... I'm just happy with seeing duckies and horsies.

jillian said...

Is this your way of saying "I don't do resolutions!"? Me neither.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I don't have to clean that bathtub. Or knit that Nude. I'm not really doing resolutions either--just an ongoing project. Now if I can just keep Evil Twin occupied and away from the computer, I may have a chance!

Carson said...

Your 'revolutions' is I think the wittiest response to the whole New year thing I've seen in the blogosphere so far.
And I thought Ambercake's was! (http://ambercake.blogspot.com/)
So congrats.