Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Anyone Seen My Knitting Mojo?

It was here a while ago, but I have the feeling it's now sitting next to the Rev, drinking boilermakers and listening to Tammy Wynette in a Texas roadhouse. Or maybe guest spotting on Knits Gone Wild. Because it sure ain't here. Must be time to cast on a new project, get the creativity flowing again while I finish my CPH. Which frankly, has me bored to somnolence. Time to shake things up a bit, maybe find a Project Spectrum related somethin' somethin' to work on, too.

Eight inches of the CPH hood finished. Four more to go, then onto the decreasing and grafting. I've never grafted. I love to learn new things, and am looking forward to adding this to my knitting repertoire.

Hmm, let's distract you from this total lack of knitterly excitement with a contest or two, shall we? Meredith has a Fantasy Island scenario for us here, and Jen has a TV-themed one here. I'll be posting my Fantasy Island one on this here blog soon.

Speaking of contests, Teresa picked me as one of the lucky winners in her recent bare-all-in-the stash-enhancement contest. I won this lovely Koigu and matching button and stitch markers. Thanks, Teresa, for my lovely gifties!

Fiend alert: Guess who's brave for a skittish cat? Mister Fiend. We've lured him into our lair with treats and catnip.

He doesn't stay long, usually 20-30 minutes, but one night he was in for two hours. We only let him in when our other cat Maggie is in the backyard, since he bolts every time he sees her. We have to be very quiet when he's inside; even the TV freaks his scene. This little guy is the spookiest cat I've ever known, but he's perfectly content to hang out on and around our front doorstep, with occasional forays inside, which works for us. He hides well (we're still trying to figure out where he sleeps at night), and since our attempts to get him around to the back of the house were a bust, I'm feeling more secure about him being outside at night. He's a funny looking critter, and, as you can see, a big fan of the catnip, and follows Tom around like a dog.

Patty also has some new additions to her household. She's fostering two wee kittens right now. Soon they will need homes, so please contact her if you're in the LA area and looking for a kitty.

10 comments:

jillian said...

Maybe the mojo is just taking a little summer siesta? It will be back!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Fiend update. I've been wondering!

I lose my knitting mojo occasionally, too. Fortunately, never for too long!

mary said...

That hood is looking good. What you need is a good movie to help you get through the hood. You'll breeze through grafting; I just know it. New project? Sounds good to me. What's up with the gothic leaf stole?

Anonymous said...

I hope you find your mojo soon. Maybe that yummy Koigu and help get it back. The grafting of CPH hood can get your warmed up for GL. Mine has sadly sat, unattented to for a few days now. I plan to give her some attention in the next few days.

Glad to see your fiend is getting along. It took forever for our first cat to get used to our second, but now they are best buds.

Anonymous said...

YAY! He's inside! What a cutie that Fiend is! Too bad about the catnip addiction...well, he is a street cat, right? *grin* Just kidding. He sounds like he's adjusting really well. It's only a matter of time now, you know. Soon you won't be able to get rid of him.
Good thing Fiend is able to hide so well outside too. Sounds like a smart kitty who will be able to stay away from Coydogs pretty easily.
Too bad about the knitting mojo...I totally understand. It'll come back. If you're looking for inspiration, check out White Lies Designs...that sure got MY inner knitter tittering!
Good luck babe!

Anonymous said...

Plain stockinette usually sucks the mojo out of me, could that be the culprit? ;) At least you have Fiend to divert your attention to...for short visits at a time. :)

mehitabel said...

You're not encouraging me to finish my sleeves so I can get to the Endless Hood of Boredom! My mojo got whacked by traffic and fatigue today, or maybe it ran off with yours for a quick snort!

jayne said...

My mojo has defected to dyeing. Can hardly knit at all. It has become skittish like your kitty.

The Koigu is very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Oh yummy, what a gorgeous yarn! And hey, don't worry - the mojo's usually back as quickly as it left!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad the Fiend has decided to make you a part of his family. I wonder if a pink and blue felted kitty pi sprinkled liberally with cat nip would give him incentive to camp out on your doorstep at night too