Monday, June 25, 2007

Erato Is On Vacation

I've started this post
five
times
Each time
it resembles Melba toast

What is it about lace? Knitting it is as exciting as eating spicy green curry, or riding a roller coaster, or saying yes when you should say no. But blogging about it? Dull as that school paper you had to write on your least favorite subject. Mine was on Anthony Trollope; Barchester Towers almost killed me.

My Gothic Leaves unfurl. Using two very different yarns makes each a unique knitting experience. And the pattern is as friendly a one as you're likely to find anywhere. Plus, the design reminds me of scarabs, which imho is very cool.

A half complete scarf.

A quarter complete shawl.

In other news...

...my June Socks That Rock club yarn arrived on Saturday. The colorway is Firebird. Peachy keen goodness...

...I snagged a spot in Yarn Pirate's Booty Club. The sock yarn madness continues...

...the summer knitty? Ho hum. But I like the new Knitscene...

...my roving stash has been born! First I ordered this awesome pink hand-dyed BFL from Carolyn...

...and then my Mom was kind enough to pick up this lovely teal mystery fiber (I think this is the same kind of stuff with which I'm practicing right now)...

...and some Clear Waters Farm Corriedale from Llamas and Lambs.

I'm also spending way too much time on Ravelry, but I'll post about that later. Now, it's back to knitting...lace.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

And so, the fiber stash begins! You *have* to go get some of Amy's BFL from Spunky Eclectic! No no, not enabling..."helping!" :)

Curly Cable said...

Your shawl and scarf look super, lovely intricate lace work. The STR June Club skein looks fabulous, just love the colourway, I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. Looking at yours makes me even more excited!

Liz K. said...

I am a little ambivalent about the summer Knitty too. The designs are a little boring, but it beats those weird summer "whimsies" issues they used to do.

Macoco said...

ooh they do look like scarabs! Very nice.

mary said...

YOu're right! Scarabs... most cool, Ms. Poet. The scarf and stole are growing and are beautiful. Hooray for peachy goodness and the booty club!

Anonymous said...

And a spinner is born :). Once you're hooked there's no going back. Next year, see you at The Black Sheep Gathering in OR *wink*

Anonymous said...

You're kicking my butt on GL!! You go! I need to check out that Llamas and lambs fiber, looks yummy. Don't you love that now you get to stash fiber too.

Thanks for the plug on my fiber!!

jillian said...

It floors me that you can knit up the same pattern in 2 different yarns at the same time! I would be bored out of my gourd :)

The new Knitscene is remarkably good!

And wow - you are serious about your roving!

LotusKnits said...

I really like the STR colorway, but you might have guessed that I would. Hehe. Also loving Carolyn's hawt pink roving. Rawr.

Annette said...

Oooh! Aaaaah! The colors of your roving are yummy. So is the STR. Can't wait to see your spinning results. :)

mehitabel said...

Your GLs are even more impressive in person--dunno which one I like best! And I'm glad you shared your new fibers, they don't exactly like to "come out to play" do they? Oh, and I love my STR colorway this time, too. Yummy! (Of course in my case it Scarves That Rock!)

Ellen Bloom said...

Look at all the comments! You are soooo popular!

Oh yeah...the knitting looks good too.

Anonymous said...

Ravelry is an amazing time-killer, isn't it? But it's just so awesome! I totally love your lace, it's going to look so great - already does, actually!

BrownPants said...

Gothic leaves are looking fabulous! I'm so jealous you got in on that yarn pirate racket too...yay for you!

RoxyK said...

Oh I wish lace knitting excited me! I find it incredibly tedious.....apart from the occasion bit of lace in socks of course ;)

Talking of which, isn't the new STR kit just too gorgeous for words. I started my Silkie but kinda wished I'd just gone straight to the new kit......