Friday, June 15, 2007

The Week in Review

Gothic Leaf Stole

One repeat down. I heart the Euroflax linen big time. I'm also glad there are only k2togs and ssks in this pattern, as its lack of give makes for some interesting tugging here and there.

Central Park Hoodie

Still waiting for its button(less) bands. It's gonna be waiting a while; now that hot weather has hit, to look at it makes me sweat. Unless I crank the air con and get freaky deaky with it. We'll see.

Spinning

Here's my first bobbin of funny single ply. My tension is all over the place since I'm still getting my hands and feet to work together. There are big puffy lumps, and thin sections, and everything in between. I'm really enjoying myself. And thanks to Carolyn, Patty and Georgia for their help and encouragement.

Ravelry

I received my invite a week ago, but didn't visit until a couple of days ago. Why? Because I need another internet knitting time suck like I need trepanation. But I'm curious by nature, and finally just had to see what all the hoopla was about. It took a minute tops to assimilate me. The pattern database is so frickin' cool! I don't know how much time I'll have to spend on it, but I hope to keep a running tally of WIPs and FOs at the very least.

Yarn Pirate Booty Club

Sign ups for Yarn Pirate's sock club are happening tonight at 6 pm PDT. Fingers crossed I and everyone who wants one snags a spot.

15 comments:

mary said...

You got into Ravelry? You are so IN! Gothic Leaf is looking great and I'm glad you're liking the Euroflax. How about keeping CPH as a wifebeater for a while? Nice and trailer trashish. Guess who is soaking in a nice Soak bath with hair conditioner massaged in? Yarn Pirate Sock Club or Bust!

Anonymous said...

You're yarn looks great :). It's a first pass, you will get better the more you spin. I'm so glad you are enjoying yourself, I was starting to feel a little guilty about selling you a wheel you weren't using.

jillian said...

Gothic Leaf is looking gorgeous!

And Ravelry?? Way to go!

LotusKnits said...

Your CPH is so gonna rock when you're done. Love that color!

And the shawl is a gorgeous color too! Can't wait to see it on you.

Glad to see you on Ravelry! :D (shhh i'm addicted, which is why I fail to blog)

Liz K. said...

Dude, when are you going to absolve yourself of any CPH guilt? Put it away for the summer and finish it in September when you'll actually need it.

Ellen Bloom said...

OK...so I looked at the Ravelry link. I kinda' don't get it. You'll have to explain what the big deal is to me.
It's difficult to get in? Like a sorority? It helps you track your projects? Yeah, so? Free patterns? OK. that's always nice. I need to understand what the excitement is all about.

I like your spindle of self-spun goodness. Thick and thin is good. Thick and thin is like people!

Debi said...

I felt exactly as you did about Ravelry. I too got my invite days ago but finally checked it out tonight. I suppose if I wasn't so anal it would be more useful :)

I do think it's cool to see so many WIPS in the same place but my blog (and my OCD)fulfills much of my needs for now.

Curly Cable said...

The Gothic Leaf shawl is looking great, gorgeous colour too... Good work with CPH, it looks truely fantastic and will be great for the Autumn. Your self spun yarn is super well done!

Carson said...

Your first bobbin is thick & thin...which is highly desirable!
would make fantastic booties

Anonymous said...

GL is looking awesome. Your CPH can sit in the corner with the rest of us until it is cooler, no worries. I like Mary's idea, wifebeater could be a new trend.

Your handspun looks GREAT!!!!! I can't believe that is your first stuff!! Remember someday you will want to spin thick and thin and will not be able to, so enjoy it now.

MsFortuknit said...

How wonderful! Euroflax is great stuff! Nice work!

Anonymous said...

Man, Ravelry is just awesome, ain't it? I spent almost all of yesterday on that page and couldn't believe where the time went - it's a killer indeed, at least a time-killer! ;)

Annette said...

I'm lovin' your Gothic Leaf. Your CPH is beautiful. It's going to be so worth all the work once you're done!

I'm still waiting for my Ravelry invite. Thanks for the heads up on the sock club. :) I hope I'm not too late.

mehitabel said...

Nice to see an update on your WIPs! I left CPH in Calif. to "ripen" (hey, it's that great cherry color, right?) but I did bring Birch with me. She's taken a back seat to the new project...

Anonymous said...

Good to hear about the Euroflax- I'll have to try it!